New member looking for encouragement

angdoren
on 10/2/12 1:31 pm
Hello. I am new to the Obesity Help site, but hoping to find some support from any of you on a weight loss journey. If nothing else, just someone to talk to when I am fighting the urge to grab a Coca-Cola. I am only on Day 2, and wow so much harder than Day 1.  I am doing ok with the food part (I think). I have started a Weight Loss Challenge on my facebook and have a blog, but not a lot of support coming in.
I have gained 62 lbs since a medical issue started last October, and after thousands in DR appts including the Mayo Clinic, no answers were found. Now i am on my own!
Tips are appreciated!!!
DebColCam
on 10/3/12 2:24 am - Canada
Hi there welcome to the OH forum. You will find plenty of tips and support here. This particular board is not super busy but I have found tips and support here. I try to follow a Volumetrics (high fiber low fat) type of diet and exercise. I set my weight loss goals small and strive to reach them. Good for you for giving up the coke cola that should help. Please feel free to share anytime. Deb
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/12 8:34 pm - Canada
Welcome! You've come to a good spot. Like Deb said, there aren't many of us on this forum but we are supportive. The first few days are the toughest, aren't they? Good for you on giving up the Coke. Substitute it with water as a super new habit. If you find the water too bland, try adding Crystal Light or my favourite, Mio.

We do a regular weigh-in on Wednesdays and there is usually a post from someone on the weekend as we struggle with the unstructured weekends...they're just not as easy as the weekdays.

Hope to see you on here regularly.

Tammy
brock2006
on 10/24/12 1:25 am
Welcome, and congrats on the steps you've taken!  I posted my welcome, who I am, what I'm about, and how I plan success (and WE WILL SUCCEED).  Welcome!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 361 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 488 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 693 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 909 views