How to stay hydrated in summer?

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/18 10:52 pm

Tips to get fit and hydrated in summer?

snuzyQ
on 9/29/18 5:38 pm

Hi Christineanna1.

I'm taking fitness classes through our local recreation district "Hayward Rec" nearby. The classes take place only a few blocks from where I live. I included a class in general fitness for active adults which is a low-impact course that meets in the morning 3 times a week. I was taking yoga, but developed house maids knee (bursitis in both knees) which made it impossible to kneel on my mat without a whole lot of pain. So, instead of yoga (2 per week), I'm walking with my husband, who also needs to lose weight, 2 to 3 times per week, about 30 minutes each time. We've been going out in the morning before it becomes hot. I think anything that makes me sweat is probably very good for me and will help me continue to take the weight off. I've done aquatic aerobics at our local pool and enjoy it very much and have participated in Zumba (yeaaay!).

I'm a severely obese female, H 5'7", HW 255, but am now steadily losing weight. I'm down 13 pounds in 20 days and have a goal weight of under 160. I need about to take off about 100 pounds. The diet is 1200 to 1550 calories per day of quality food, emphasizing protein: 70 - 100 grams per day, fat: under 60 grams, and carbohydrate: 130 - 160 grams per day and 5 servings of fruits and vegetables. I'm doing the pre-surgery (VSG) vitamin regimen (excepting the extra thiamine) and am starting to feel much better. I don't feel deprived at all. I'm writing everything down in a food log, which I plan to keep doing for the rest of my life. Plus measuring/weighing my portions as I go.

VSG was/is on the horizon and I'll continue to keep my appointments at the bariatric clinic. I have many obesity-related comorbidities. I'm putting off my final decision until just before surgery so I can weigh my options better. VSG is so permanent! And it complicates hydration. I already have problems with swallowing and VSG isn't going to improve that. It'll most likely make that worse. I've named my new diet the "fear-of-the-knife" diet and am pretty sure I can work it into a permanent life style. It's certain that I can't remain at my current weight because it's having such a negative effect on my quality (and quantity) of life.

Staying hydrated is so important. A new habit I'm developing is keeping a water bottle next to me at all times. I take it to the exercise classes and drink a full 16 oz. during the time before, during and after. When I wake up in the morning, I drink 3, 8 oz. glasses of water first thing and write it down in my food log. I'm using a Diet Minder, which has room for 90 days worth of records and it also has space to write down exercise each day. This was/is available on Amazon. I've bought several and usually buy them used, in very good condition and with free shipping to cut costs.

Let's support each other as we press into healthier lives! I noticed that this part of OH is not much frequented...perhaps because of the surging popularity of VSG. Maybe we can get something going here again. Take care!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 344 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 469 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 677 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 893 views