New Non post-op

theresa R.
on 9/13/05 8:14 am - Van Wert, OH
I am new here, I was scheduled to have my surgery on 9-19, but I have decided against it at this time. I felt that the risks were too high for RNY, and the weight loss was too slow for the lapband, so I am here, trying to lose some weight on my own. My thought is to get down to 250 on my own, and hopefully change my eating habits, then I will further invistigate the lapband, I may or may not decide to opt for it. I have always said that I don't want to die from being fat, but I don't want to die trying to get skinny, either. There was just a lingering doubt in my mind that I would regret my decision. I constantly found myself thinking about things in the near future (the holidays, etc.), and thinking that I may not be here for them, because I may not make it through surgery. I am trying the weigh****chers core program, and I have lost 13 lbs in the first week--maybe jus****er weight, but weight still the same. I'm grateful for this forum, and hope to hear from all of you.
Maren McGregor
on 9/13/05 8:55 am - Southwest, WA
VSG on 10/17/07 with
Teresa, WELCOME to our little (but growing) corner of the web. I know exactly what you are saying about the risks of RNY and the near future. Those same thoughts are part of what went into my decision not to fight further with my insurance company to get the surgery (I am pretty sure I would not have won that fight anyway). Congratulations on your weight loss so far and again welcome, we are glad to have you here. Blessings, Maren
Jessica D.
on 9/14/05 11:42 am - Edmonds, WA
Welcome, welcome, Theresa!!! This group is new, but cohesive, so come here often and talk to us!! I was denied surgery, too, so I'm doing Adkins, and am down almost 40 pounds since June 10th! Sometimes, we're just led to do it ourselves!! WLS is for some, the absolute right answer. For others, it's just not in the cards. For us, we've got to go another route... Best of luck to you with Weigh****chers; I've heard many good things about that program. Jessica 302/266/175
kitties4
on 9/22/05 2:16 am - Cleveland, OH
Hi! My name is Denise Phares, and I just started Weigh****chers Core Program a few weeks ago. I lost 3.2 pounds the first week. And I was doubtful it even worked! Good luck to you, if you can make it on this slower, gentler way of losing weight. Denise Phares
JENNY.W
on 10/2/05 1:42 am - Eccles, WV
BEST OF LUCK TO YOU I WISH YOU SUCCESS IN YOUR DECISION.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 370 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 497 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 702 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 920 views