GASTRIC BYPASS PILL??

Kristie V.
on 9/24/05 3:02 am - Union, SC
HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS?? IT'S CALLED ZETACAP. I AM/WAS PLANNING ON HAVING THE RNY SURGERY IN NOV.,BUT MY BOYFRIEND WANTS ME TO TRY THIS FIRST,BECAUSE I AM PAYING FOR THE SURGERY MYSELF AND IT'S EXPENSIVE & MY INTEREST RATE IS OUTRAGEOUS(BAD CREDIT) 26%!!!! YUCK!! SO HE WANTS ME TO TRY THIS PILL.DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT WORKS AND THE RESULTS?...THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY ADVICE/INPUT!!......KRISTIE
Donnamarie
on 9/24/05 5:54 am - NY
Kristie, Here are two websites that I googled in response to your question. http://www.zetacap.com/ http://www.ultimatefatburner.com/fiberthin-zetacap.html As far as what the pill is, simply it is a fiber that fills the stomach up making you feel more full, period. In the short term that type of program can work easily. In the long run, who knows? Kristie, I think that you would agree, as all of us both non-op and post-op would have to agree, it is a change of life that is needed in order to have any program work well for us. Eating less of the foods we choose to eat, as well as choosing those foods high in bulk and fiber and low in useless calories like white flour and sugar, is what is needed for long-term, lasting results. Weight loss is by far the most difficult thing any of us have to do. I have been obese for most of my life, definitely since before my oldest was born which is over 16 years ago. If you read my profile you will see that it took a lot of soul searching before I decided not to go through with WLS. However, the fact that I hit that bottom, where WLS was the only way I felt I could go, was a huge awakening. I have made changes, drastic changes, in my life. I don't plan on changing back to the way I ate or the person I was. My belief is that we ALL have to be honest with the one who matters most, ourselves. We have to ask ourselves whether we've REALLY tried to lose the excess weight, or just made short stabs or attempts at it, and then stopped as soon as the results weren't quick enough. I know that I never committed. This is the first time I've lost more than 30 lbs, and I am far from finished. I am in this for the long haul. I wish you well in whatever you do. The choice ultimately has to be yours. Donna
Jessica D.
on 9/24/05 11:46 am - Edmonds, WA
If it wasn't prescribed by your MD, it's not gonna work. Period. The weight loss industry spends billions on people just like us: those who've tried to lose weight a million different ways. A new pill comes out every week: and none of them are approved by the food and drug administration: that's what you need to be looking at. If it's not approved, don't do it: it's a fad. One more thing: if you didn't hear about it from an MD, don't do it. The stuff on TV is to sell---not to help or heal. Think about all the commercials for weight loss products over the years: they're dime a dozen, and have no longitudinal studies that help you see how long the medication has been on the market, and how successful it has been over the long term. The meds on TV are new. No FDA approval (because the FDA can't approve something that's not proven to work, or that hasn't had enough research done to prove it's efficacy.) And your doctor would be prescribing it like crazy if it really did work!!! The meds that really work, you don't see them advertised on TV. Pharmaceutical sales reps take them to the doctors offices, and prove to the doctor that they work, before the doctor will prescribe the. If you're going to do something for yourself, do something that works, that has long term statistics to back it up, and isn't some fad that was on TV for two or three weeks. The reason you see so many different weight loss medications, then they just disappear, is that the FDA finally catches with these producers and shuts them down because they can't prove what they claim. If you're going to spend your money, spend it on something with a proven reputation as something that really works!! I've learned a lot about the billion dollar weight loss industry. I studied it in nursing school. I learned by trial and error. That's a hell of a lot of money to spend on people, to have the rates of obesity continue to rise... Give it some thought... Jessica
Jessica D.
on 9/26/05 7:11 am - Edmonds, WA
Hey Kristie, What did you decide to do? Did you look into leaving the country--like Mexico, for surgery? It's a hell of a lot less expensive, and because SO MANY people are unable to afford the surgery in the states, even though it's Mexico, they're very, very experienced in the procedures.... Lemme know, Jessica
JENNY.W
on 10/2/05 1:37 am - Eccles, WV
I TRIED THE PILL FIRST ALSO AND IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello
sele444 · 0 replies · 370 views
Here's how to lose 5 Pounds a Day!
Siam · 0 replies · 497 views
Hi all
Traleen · 1 replies · 702 views
Plant Based
ebonymc2 · 1 replies · 920 views