Supplement suggestions, please....

Lynn Brown
on 10/10/11 1:21 pm
I am about 3 weeks out from having my surgery. I will find out tomorrow the exact date. I am having the band. All my material from the dietitian says that I need liquid/chewable vitamins and calcium but gives no suggestions. Not sure which vitamins I'll need to be on right away and which can wait until I can swallow whole pills. Any suggestions for reasonably priced vitamins? What has been your experience with the post-op nutrients. I'm trying to get everything in place before the surgery so I can just relax and recuperate afterward.

sandradavis
on 10/11/11 6:20 pm
Digest Plus is good. An alternative would be NAF Pink Powder, which has a good probiotic plus lots of vits & mins, and is good value. Black salt is an old traditional digestive aid, I've heard people say it's good. Also I would try feeding him as natural a diet as possible - lots of starchy cereal based foods can make sensitive tummies worse. Plenty of fibre, from chaff or good quality forage, plus a vit & min supplement is an idea.
Lynn Brown
on 10/14/11 3:40 pm
Giving this post a little bump.  Was really hoping for some feedback. Come on folks, share your knoledge.

Sam814
on 10/22/11 9:52 am
Hey Lynn,

Are you sure you want surgery? It really should be your LAST resort. My wife and best friend both started on meal replacement shakes with an awesome company. The shakes are totally nutritious, taste awesome and are affordable. They are heart and diabetic friendly and gluten free. The best thing about these shakes Lynn is that you don't just cut calories...you gain nutrition so you also feel better. There's no counting calories or points or buying expensive meals. Just 2 scoops ina blender with lo fat milk & a couple of ice cubes then throw in a blender for 30 seconds. My friend & wife have lost almost 20 pounds each after 7 weeks. I'll leave my email if you are interested in more info...if not, I wish you the best with your surgery Lynn!
[email protected]

Sam
cedarstar
on 10/22/11 2:27 pm - Manitoba, Canada
I had my RNY in Sept and I have my list of Vitamins to take. I think if you would post in the Lap Band forum or on the main board there would be more people to help. I am taking CVS brand of centrum silver, chewables 2x daily, 500mcg sublingual B12, iron, vit C, calcium and vit d3. I'm not sure which ones are required after the Lap Band.  My iron and vit c are tablets I swallow and I have swallowed all my meds since the day of surgery. Good Luck on your surgery! 

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

oclaura
on 11/1/11 2:07 am
 Please check this out.... is my story with before and after pics. and information on the vitamins of my choice, I truly believe in this, I have a lot of testimonial too.
www,gastricvitamins.com
or E-mail me at [email protected]
Thanks
Laura

MrsHappy
on 11/30/11 10:03 am
I just joined OH so I don't now when you will get this or even if this will help, but my Dr recommended Bariatric Advantage.
"You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself"  ~Ethel Barrymore~    
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/12 1:40 am - ND
 I take a powder form supplement u put in your drinks food or protien shake called "greens". My friend in another forum suggest it n they are awesome. It weird lookin color but tastes like nothing!  Wrapwithalicia.myitworks.com. I actually moved to another state n no one local heard of it so I actually started selling the stuff. I promise tho, u can look at ingredients n talk to your dr, my dr actually reccomendedS it now cuz it's awesome!  It's so easy on your stomach especially right after surgery cuz its all natural!
JustpeachyKeen
on 4/10/12 10:27 am
 I used to take bariatric advantage but I actually take the greens now too! They are awesome, they have things multi vitamins don't have because it's from plants and fruits and stuff!  A nurse told me about them!
Most Active