Supplements vs. Blood Work?

C J
on 1/18/12 8:47 am - Franklin, MA
Not gonna lie, I got lazy with my supplements the past few months but as part of my new years resolution I am on track and STAYing this way.

Now that I'm religious about my supplements, how long before it will show in my blood work?

I have my one year surgiversary next week, my next appointment with my nutriitonist isn't for five weeks from now...    Will my bloodwork be accurate?

I'll have been back into the daily regime for just shy of three months at that point.
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/22/12 12:26 am - Windsor, Canada
There's no hard core rule on supplementation. Remember, with supplementation they are looking at commonalities of wls patients. Everyone has a different BODY which is unique and absorbs differently. You may be deficient in some things, you may not.  That's why bloodwork is key any way.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

rbb825
on 2/1/12 2:13 pm - Suffern, NY
If you made changes 3 months ago, you definietly need to get things checked now.  Being you went back on your supplements, you need to know if they are working and if you need to adjust your doses more or go on anything else.  YOu can't take supplements blindly without know what is happening with your labs.  ANytime my supplements are changed, I get rechecked at about  6 weeks to make sure they are working. I get full sets of labs every 3 months

I hope this helps

Most Active