Full Liquids Post Op

edbuf65
on 2/11/14 2:06 pm

Hey, I am trying to find all my options for the full liquid stage of the diet. I am aware of cream soups, but does that include the soups you can cream yourself? Like split pea soup or something you can run through the ninja and make it creamy yourself? Also, what about cream of wheat or yogurt at this point? I read and read and it all seemed to be so easy but i am just wanting more variety. I also wanted to ask if it is 4oz every time and then how often? 3 times a day? I left a message for the doctors office but haven't spoke to them yet. Thought i would ask on here.

Darlene0110
on 2/14/14 11:51 am

Hi, I am 11 days post op RNY. As I understand it cream soups are still a no-no. My diet thus far is broth (usually chicken), water, diet ocean spray juice (0-5 calories and sugar in the one I have is less than 1gram), water, Sugar free Jello, Sugar free ice pops, Protein shake (3 a day), decaf tea, decaf coffee. I know its hard because I am dying to get to the next stage which is puree! I spoke to my nutritionist because I too wanted to add more variety but at this time its just not an option (at least for me).  Good Luck! I think this is the hardest stage but important to healing.  

Most Active