3 month pre surgery diet and my diabetes is out of control

Augustachick
on 6/3/14 11:02 pm - GA

So, I've been a diabetic for several years and I'll be honest and say for the last year I said screw it and ate whatever I wanted.  Now that I'm on the 3 month doctor supervised diet they require I check my blood sugar.  I've totally changed my eatting and my blood sugar is soaring and I can't get it down.  Yesterday I had a protein shake for breakfast, a piece of liver and lima beans for lunch and veggies for dinner with a piece of cheese for snack.  My numbers never went lower than 235.  This morning, protein shake and an hour later I'm at 246.  I feel like if I can't even get this under control how will I do after the surgery.

Anyone else have these problems?  What do you do when you sugar is too high?  Any ideas?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/5/14 8:58 am

Call the doc. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

getnfit4thefight
on 6/24/14 8:53 am

Hey Augustachick, I can understand your frustration. I have some close friends and family members who have had the same problem, but have now gotten it under control. I would love to help you, get your sugar under control, help you lose some weight, and get back to feeling fabulous!! I just started my own weight loss journey, and I know how much support from the right people means. I have a great solution to help you!! Have you ever heard of body by vi?

hollykim
on 7/27/14 12:03 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 24, 2014 at 3:53 PM Pacific Time, getnfit4thefight wrote:

Hey Augustachick, I can understand your frustration. I have some close friends and family members who have had the same problem, but have now gotten it under control. I would love to help you, get your sugar under control, help you lose some weight, and get back to feeling fabulous!! I just started my own weight loss journey, and I know how much support from the right people means. I have a great solution to help you!! Have you ever heard of body by vi?

advertising

Most Active