Needing some ideas and help

Waytogo2015
on 1/3/15 3:59 am - Canada

Hi I just had surgery dec 8, 2014.  First two weeks were great. Finding myself over Christmas eating some stuff I should not be. Was alone during Christmas and very depressed.  Not sure if this is part of it.  Don't really have any support at home. Needing help with meal ideas that are right for me. Pls any ideas will help. I want to go forward not backwards

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/3/15 9:47 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try going to the world according to eggface site. She has a site for meal recipes, or try pm to Frisco, he usually posts meals on this site sometimes. I don't cook but I buy & eat food that doesn't take much cooking, like grilled chicken. There's also beef & steak, only needs some seasoning. Fish is pretty quick too, I bought salmon patties from Costco, only needs a little cooking in the pan & it's an oily fish so the pan doesn't need that much oil/butter in it.

You can try these seasoned tuna packets too, it's cheap & a good source of protein,bought those at Pathmark, along with snacking on boiled eggs/cheese., just add some veggies, voila, quick cheap meal.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

lo_ri_p
on 1/3/15 9:54 am - Ocala, FL

Ditto.  I have been a little creative a couple of times and regretted it.  I am one month today.  I have tried lots of beans like refried and hummus because of the protein but tried to spice them up with low fat cheese.  I don't know if this is counter-productive but I know a couple of times I ate too much and felt sick.  Every new food seems to be an experiment.

Gwen M.
on 1/4/15 1:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I find that Paleo blogs have recipes that are really great for my new way of eating - emphasis on the protein and whole foods.  

What does your surgeon's plan have you eating now?  At four weeks post-op, I was still eating pureed foods.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active