13 days post op need help please

brandy911200
on 3/9/15 2:38 am - Canada

I am 13 days post op and kinda confused as to how many calories I should be getting in me or whats too much.A typical day for me is 2 protein shakes with skim milk that waorks out to 200 calories each. A pack of cream of wheat made with water,some sort of cream soup around 60 calories and lately ive been having 2 egg yolks.sometimes I will eat a few spinach crackers that are low calorie low carb,but last night I cheated and ate a piece of whole wheat bread with a little cheese whiz thank god nothing happened totally expected something to.I don't know im just toatally  confused as to what a typicall day should be like for me right now any suggestions would be great.

EDisla83
on 3/9/15 5:54 am - Hicksville, NY

Hi Brandy I am new to this site, as far as your confusion goes it is perfectly okay. As far as your caloric needs think a bit about what you would like as far as your weight, body fat, and measurements. Getting clear on this will go a long way to helping you understand your what caloric needs are. Being that you are post op I am not sure what your doctor said about diet/and exercise, but when you are fully recovered and cleared to have a normal diet some things to keep in mind are that the less processing food undergoes the more nutritious it will be so whole foods are great, when your nutritional needs are met, your cravings for certain foods go down. So the more nutrionally dense the food the less calories you have to take in relatively speaking.

"If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right" - Henry Ford

Free E-course shows Women how they can achieve their Ideal bodies with strategies that adress how a womans body works

cerulean910
on 3/9/15 7:43 am
RNY on 02/25/15
I'm 12 days RNY post op and I was told not to worry about calories until two weeks out. Doctor told me to concentrate on getting in protein and liquids during this time. That being said,y diet is pretty restricted now, limited to clear liquids, protein shakes, and Greek yogurt. I'd ask your doctor or nutritionist for advice.
Gwen M.
on 3/9/15 11:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You don't say which surgery you had, but both the RNY and VSG forums have a daily "what are you eating" thread that might be useful.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active