Slow loss

just4Dee
on 4/7/15 5:04 am

I am almost 8 weeks post op.

I am down 36 pounds, but I was wondering how quickly everyone is losing.

I hear people say in our support group that they lose a pound or two a day and were like that for months.

I have been dropping weight then I stall for a handful of days. Does that seem normal?

My doc seems happy with my weight loss and I really am too, I figure slow and steady will be perfect for me.  But there is that little part of me that is so afraid I am doing something wrong... I know i'm crazy :)

One more question... Just wondering what are your go to meals that fill ya... This past week I have been having a hard time finding meals that keep me full for a while.

Thanks, xoxo

Deb

Gwen M.
on 4/8/15 11:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Wow, that's awesome loss!  These days I'm happy if I lose 1/2 pound a week :)  

As for filling meals - dense protein always fills me up.  Chicken breasts, chicken thighs, steaks, etc. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

psren13
on 4/9/15 10:55 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I am just about 4 weeks out.  I have been doing the same as you as far as losing a few pounds then stalling for about 3 or 4 days.  I guess that is normal for this early stage.  I eat the higher protein such as ground turkey, chicken, etc and it keeps me full for at least 5-6 hrs.  Not a good thing since we don't eat that much at one time anyway.  

auntmimi
on 4/21/15 2:33 am

8 weeks post op and down 36 lbs is AWESOME!!! I lost about 35 lbs by 8 wks. Everyones body is different and will lose at different rates. At 6 weeks out I went a week without loosing and that messed with my head!! Then next thing I know I got on the scale and overnight I lost 6lbs. Just prepare yourself for the moments like that! I think we all have this insane fear that we are going to mess this up, just keep going! Have you started to incorporate exercise into your routine? That helps a lot. Right now I am not loosing pounds Im loosing inches, which seems incredibly strange to me, but I will take it!!!  My go-to meal is Jennie-O brand turkey burgers. I can only eat 1/2 of one. I LOVE them grilled, or sauteed with veggies. Last night I made one with pasta sauce on top and a little parm. cheese. Good luck to you and remember that this is a life long commitment with many ups and downs :) 

chulbert
on 4/22/15 1:07 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

You have lost an average of 4.5 pounds per week, which is very nearly a pound per day.  What are you complaining about?  ;)

Everything you describe is entirely normal and that's why your doctor is happy with it.  The speed at which a person loses depends on how heavy they are (and therefore how big their calorie deficit is).

Most Active