not loosing weight

judeloren
on 12/20/15 6:20 pm

again insulting and putting down not informing. how does that help anyone?  my point is again that the Dr didn't tell me crap and I am asking what i need to do. And yes i have made huge changes in my diet because of a little education. the point is i need advise of what to change.

I also clearly said that i have drastically dropped the pop and working on stopping it all together. I don't want to continue on the path i was on I am trying to change. if you feel better bashing people then bash away but its not constructive. how about giving some real advise.

i am also exercising more than 10 minutes 3 times a week that is just what the dr said to do!

protein bars not good enough for you? the dietitian i spoke to told me to do that. what exactly would you recommend?

MsBatt
on 12/21/15 8:24 am

Read the labels VERY carefully. Most protein bars are NOT low-carb, alas.

Also, don't buy foods that have been artificially made to be low- or no-fat. When they take the fat out, they replace it with CARBS. Fat isn't your enemy---carbs are.

Pre-op, I was a stone-cold Coke Classic addict. I stopped it cold-turkey the day I scheduled my surgery---that was the only way I could kick the habit. I didn't change anything else about the way I ate, just cut out the Coke, and I lost 12 pounds in six weeks.

judeloren
on 12/21/15 10:17 am

I love Coke too. I stopped the pop before but hadn't changed my eating and i didn't loose a thing. Haven't tried stopping all pop and watching diet at the same time. other than when i got my lap band and i only lost 2 to 3 lbs a month. after several months i fell back into the trap of drinking pop again but continued to lose 2 to 3 lbs a month working out daily.

I appreciate the advise! i need a class on what to do and not do! cant trust people pushing diets clearly. lol

Francisk4
on 12/17/15 5:15 am

Hi new here,

I struggle with letting go of carbs. I can go three to four days at most before the cravings become too much to handle.

I am yet to have WLS but I have had some success with intermittent fasting.

I start the day with a cup of coffee (black) and keep drinking water and green tea until about 3 pm, which is when I have my first low-carb meal (bacon and eggs or avocado with turkey).

I try and eat all my calories between 3pm and 10pm and I will only eat the carbs I crave after a workout and it will be the only carbs I have that day. I notice this helps me lose weight rapidly but go on carb binges occasionally and have to start again.

judeloren
on 12/20/15 6:26 pm

thank you for some ideas! it really helps to hear what some people are doing to loose. Carbs can be hard to give up for sure. I always thought i was educated on diet it just never worked for me. turns out there is a lot of information i never knew that could help a whole lot.

Zee Starrlite
on 12/19/15 4:47 pm

Wow your medically supervised diet advises to use half of you calories and nutrition on soda?  Odd as you've already had 1 weight loss surgery. Have you ever followed the WLS rules?  They never left me.

Also starvation mode is load of bull.  If you calories in/ calories out = you!

Good luck!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

judeloren
on 12/19/15 9:08 pm

all my medically supervised diet said was to have less than 2200 calories a day and walk for 10 minutes 3 times a week. they didn't say how to use the calories. as far as weight loss surgery rules i was told eat protein first and chew well. that's all i was told. i lost 80 lbs with my lap band but yeah since taking it out i have not been following anything specific. calories in does not equal calories out to loose. if it works for you than great no need to be rude about it.

I dont eat cakes and cookies and candies. I obviously know pop is not good for you but as long as i was counting calories by the rule i should have still lost. what the other person said about sugar makes sense that a body uses that for fuel and not the stored energy. I am asking for help if you know it all then maybe you should be more helpful and less criticizing.

MsBatt
on 12/21/15 8:34 am

2200 calories a day is too many. Most of us who get morbidly obese are very efficient metabolisms, capable of running our bodies on very few calories. Some recent research suggests that the MO may actually be capable of extracting more calories from their food than 'normal' people do.

Basically, you want to eat like the Atkins diet.

Donna L.
on 12/27/15 7:17 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Sugar also causes insulin to spike, and insulin triggers fat storage.  Obesity is partially hormonal, too.  It also stimulates appetite.  Extra protein is converted to glucose, which is converted to, you guessed it, fat.  So, that is another good reason to get as few calories as possible from any super processed carbs, especially sugars.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Jniniffer
on 12/28/15 6:40 pm

Sugar is very similar to crack cocaine. The more you have it the more your body craves it. You need to crowd out sugar and concentrate on protein. You want to have at least 100g of protein a day! It will really help. Watch our for gimmicks like protein bars--you want a good protein supplement that is tailored to bariatric patients but anyone can use.

If you have any questions, please ask! 

Jennifer Read

Nutracelle Success Consultant

https://www.join.nutracelle.com/jenniferread

WLF Medical

Most Active