Non-Dairy Suggestions

Talkingmountain
on 3/15/16 5:00 am
RNY on 12/28/15

Oh good!  (Celiac runs in my family so whenever I hear of those symptoms it jumps out).

It sounds like they are being very thorough. I'm sorry that you are having to go through this, and am surprised that there are so many others who have the same condition.  At least it looks like you have found a good place for support!

best of luck to all of you who are struggling to cope with this condition. 

Ht 5'6" | HW 278 | SW 264, Size 28+/4-5X | GW 135ish, Size 10-12 | CW 132, Size 8-10
Surg Date 12/28/15 | NSV Goal: Go down slide w/kid! 

MyBariatricLife
on 3/21/16 7:34 pm

Just an FYI, if you eat low carb then you could test negative for Celiac. When I lived in NJ, the gastroenterologist that I went to told me this. She said she would go into the small bowel where many gastro do not go -- I think she was referring to how far she would go, it was years ago so I don't recall her exact words. Anyway, she said she would send it to a special lab to be analyzed (again I forget her exact words). They found some celiac sprue, and that gastro said it made it appear that I was either coming into or going out of Celiac -- I know that doesn't make sense but that is how she expressed it to me. It was because of the Paleo Diet that I follow that there weren't many Celiac sprue, and at that they were apparently hard to find. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active