pre-op liquid diet troubles

AryaofWinterfell
on 7/8/16 4:04 pm

So, I have started my first two week liquid diet cycle and I need so help!  After two and a half weeks of high protein/low carb (lost 9 lbs so far) switching to the liquid has been super hard.  Every thing is extremely sweet and overwhelming.  I can't get the shakes down because they are too sweet or taste nasty.  Ive tried the soup broths and they are super salty and I can't stomach how they taste.   I'm living on crystal light (sweet but can tolerate it) and sugar free popsicles.  I have unflavored protein powder to put in my drinks if I need to but was really hoping to find something that worked or at least some variety.  Im only on day one and not sure how I am going to make it to day 14.  

suggestions??

A

flowerchild603
on 7/9/16 8:04 am
RNY on 07/26/16

I have been getting samples of different protein powders knowing that my 2 week pre-op will begin on 6/12.  I have found that the Chike brand is not too sweet overall. I have been mixing it with Fairlife Skim milk which has extra protein and is lactose free.  Nashua Nutrition sells samples of many different brands and flavors.  I have found that, with the exception of the Chike shakes, that anything with sucralose (Splenda) is over-the-top sweet to me. 

RNY at CMC Manchester NH 7/26/2016

nurseredhead
on 7/9/16 11:00 am - Joplin, MO
Mini Gastric Bypass on 03/01/12

Thanks for posting the info about getting samples. There are not many protein shakes out there that don't make me nauseous. And Fairlife milk is the only one I can tolerate to use when I do manage to find a powder that doesn't make me sick. The one I am using now is BE Inspire protein powder, but they only have 1 flavor that I actually like, which is Vanilla. I am 4 years out and still like to drink a protein shake especially in the morning. I'm usually not ready to eat early in the morning.

I can not change yesterday, but I can change tomorrow starting today!!    

Most Active