Water and protein

Frenchyprof927
on 1/25/17 2:46 pm
VSG on 12/27/16

hi all,

I am a month, well almost, post VGS. I am having major problems getting enough protein and liquid a day. The powders break my mouth out and the pre made shakes make me vomit. Isopure does too- plus it dries my mouth. I've tried unjury and it seems to be the best. I can sometimes tolerate a 4-6 oz shake but that only gets me 20g of protein. 

I spent 10 days in the hospital post-op because of major complications. I really don't want to be readmitted for dehydration. It seems like I can go one day and do great on my steps/exercise goal but the next day I am knocked out. I know it is because of the protein and water. 

Any suggestions from other newbies or veterans? I really want to be successful. 

Thanks!

IndyShrinking
on 1/26/17 9:27 am
VSG on 08/25/16

Okay so you're a month out are you on soft food diet?? because you could do tuna fish which is high in protein too, the thing is you don't have to just do the powders, I personally cannot tolerate the smell of the powder when it makes me sick. The ready to drink I stick to is premier (only the chocolate) and they're 30 grams of protein I drink one of those a day and make my own shakes I use the Oikos triple zero yogurt if you get the tub it has 22 grams of protein for a cup (which might be a lot for you right now) but even half a cup is good and then you can add either unflavored unjury or vanilla to the yogurt for a boost! Peanut butter is a good hider in that it hides the gross flavor haha. It has been my best friend. You can always use the SF Torani too to hide the flavor of powders. Unjury is the only powder I can tolerate too so you're not alone!! 

Good luck!

Frenchyprof927
on 1/26/17 9:29 am
VSG on 12/27/16

Thanks!  What is the SF torani?

yes, powdered peanut butter is a life saver. 

IndyShrinking
on 1/26/17 9:36 am
VSG on 08/25/16

Sugar free Torani syrup it is what they use at coffee stands to flavor the drinks! :D there are a ton of flavors! I use them especially when I want a sweet treat! :) I actually just use peanut butter itself as I can't really stand powder consistency haha. You're welcome! Also take a look at theworldaccordingtoeggface she has amazing recipes and has given me so many great ideas! Also Pinterest is a great guide for trying different things out of the box that perhaps you haven't thought of! 

Frenchyprof927
on 1/26/17 9:58 am
VSG on 12/27/16

You rock!  Thanks so much. 

pr31
on 1/26/17 9:32 am

Can you do the unjury unflavored mixed with other foods vs. as a drink (i.e. cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.)? 

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Frenchyprof927
on 1/26/17 10:00 am
VSG on 12/27/16

i have tried the unjury unflavored in stuff but as strange as it sounds, I can taste it. It makes me think of uncooked pretzel batter ?

Maybe if I can find something that has a stronger taste than it would help. 

Thanks!

Most Active