Donald Sterling Nailed!

Phil M.
on 4/29/14 5:15 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

There is a new sheriff in town and he ain't takin no mess!

"I don't know, only God knows where the story ends for me, but I know where the story begins." - Mary J. Blige

M1: -32 M2: -19 M3: -18 M4: -16 M5: -10

NDHM
on 4/29/14 10:01 am

Lifetime ban?!?! Wow! I didn't see that coming. They mean business!

AnneGG
on 4/29/14 10:05 am

Yeesss!!!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Cunning_Pam
on 4/29/14 10:27 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm amazed, to be honest. We've become so used to seeing professional athletes skate by after heinous behavior that I never thought anything would come of Sterling's remarks. How refreshing that the NBA took a hardline stance! Here's to hoping the guy will be smart enough to just sell the team and move on, rather than fight the issue. Of course, attitudes like his don't usually go along with being smart, so we'll see.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/29/14 10:42 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

I have no problems with what the NBA did. I do have a problem with the endless athletes who rape and do other crimes but can still keep playing. Should they not also be banned?

Phil M.
on 4/30/14 5:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

Well in defense of the NBA of late, Matt Barnes was fined $25k for using the N word on twitter and Kobe Bryant was fined $250k for saying a gay slur in a game. The NFL has suspended players for off the field activities as well. They have a long way to go, but they are at least making progress.

"I don't know, only God knows where the story ends for me, but I know where the story begins." - Mary J. Blige

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/30/14 5:55 am
VSG on 12/06/12

That they are but they did not ban them for life? I think Sterling is an idiot but he had that conversation in private not on Twitter or at a game. I just think what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Phil M.
on 4/30/14 6:10 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

This was nothing but business decision on the part of the commissioner. Sterling was trapped pure and simple, but the fact that it caught the attention of the world forced the commissioner to act swift and strong. Here are my theories to why this heavy punishment was levied:

1. The commish has been on the job for less than 90 days. He had to show that he is strong and fast.

2. The media is eating this thing up like its an all you can eat buffet. The commish looks the other way or gives out a light punishment and the media will start feasting on him.

3. Sterling has a resume full of past aggressions that went completely overlooked. This punishment wasn't just for this situation.

4. Every single sponsor for the Clippers jumped ship over night. This is financially unacceptable for the NBA.

5. $25K means alot to Matt Barnes. The reality is he bought the Clippers for $12 million and he will sell them for $600+.  $2.5 million means very little to Donald Sterling, but not being able to sit courtside at the games means a lot. 

The NBA is run by lawyers, and I'm sure every single one of them was consulted on this decision. So if Sterling wants to fight this, he better be ready to rumble. 

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/30/14 7:08 am
VSG on 12/06/12

He would be stupid if he fought it. I heard the team could be worth a billion dollars. I also heard he was going to get a NAACP lifetime achievement award. Now that is funny.

Phil M.
on 4/30/14 8:41 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

Yeah, the NAACP lost whatever shred of credibility they had left seeing as this was supposed to be his second award. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Sad news but it's for the best
TattooMom · 3 replies · 1070 views
Does Salt Matter?
alfred098 · 5 replies · 1136 views
Wedding preps!!!!
emilinjohn11 · 1 replies · 915 views
Best Running Idea's Outfit
emmajames · 0 replies · 782 views