lamb

Monica M.
on 3/23/11 9:24 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I'm looking to expand my pureed meat experience. Someone told me that lamb is easy to digest. Anyone ever try?

jude G.
on 3/23/11 9:48 pm - Canada
lamb is a red meat, and wouldn't be much easier to digest than beef. it does have more fat than most lean cuts of beef, which might make it easier to go down, but if you're pureeing it, i don't know how much of a difference it would make.
in the depth of winter, i finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.  ~albert camus.

20 lbs lost pre-op  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monica M.
on 3/23/11 9:50 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
ok, thanks

heatherp
on 3/23/11 10:12 pm, edited 3/23/11 10:12 pm - BROOKLIN, Canada
add some low fat tzazinki (greek cucumber/garlic/yogurt dip) and puree it...yum. I lived off this during my pureed stage. Works well with chicken and pork too.

Monica M.
on 3/23/11 10:58 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
oh that sounds yummy... doing that today. now, off to find some lamb....

Gabygee
on 3/23/11 11:34 pm - Canada
No Frills has ground New Zealand lamb in the frozen "tube"shape.
Although it takes awhile to defrost, it's definitely cheaper than Ontario lamb.

There's a lot of fat to drain after you've browned it. I usually drain AND blot on paper towel.
Try buying Herbes de Provence in the herbs/seasoning section as well - that spices it very aromatically, not spicy-hot.

Monica M.
on 3/23/11 11:35 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
mmm  i'll take a look for that. There isnt a no frills here, but i'm going to toronto this weekend.
thanks so much.

heatherp
on 3/24/11 8:41 am - BROOKLIN, Canada
Lamb kabobs or spadini- in the frozen setion of president's choice stores( Superstore). A bit expensive ,but you'll eat such a small amount.

onikenbai
on 3/24/11 9:48 am - Canada
BWAAAHHH! Pureed lamb flashbacks!

When I was born it was discovered I was allergic to just about everything... milk, formula, soy, you name it, and my mother was too sick to feed me.  I ended up on a diet of lamb that had been boiled, pureed, fortified with vitamins and then thrown into a bottle, and I ate only that for two solid years.  I do often wonder if that diet of high fat liquid so early in life really did me no favours, but regardless... I do not eat lamb anymore.  I am now actually extremely allergic to all sheep products so it seems my immune system agrees with my taste buds on this one.

Most Active
Recent Topics