Update: Nesha_Bless still in hospital

Joanne J.
on 6/16/11 7:11 am - Canada
Hi all,

Just wanting to update on nesha she still in hospital been 4 days since surgery and doctor wont let her go as she is in pain from GAS she isn't passing it not even burping she says..
she walks alot and it doesn't help..she ask what she do or take to help.let me know ill tell her

thanks, hope e1 is doing well and take care

Joan x

Jody08
on 6/16/11 9:07 am - essex, Canada
 i walked like crazy and it did nothing..i sat in my bed and shimmied my legs..stood up and rocked my hips..even grabbed some oil and gave my self a belly massage, lower than the incisions..it was brutal..i was so swollen cuz they wouldnt give me my BP meds..once i got my bp under control, could go pee then the gas started moving every time i did the shimmies

good luck and hope she feels some relief soon
started this process back in 2007/2008 denied MGB, denied for Barix, put on hold (BMI was too high for pilot phase)at St.joe's and since moved to Windsor and had to start again, December, 2009 referral sent from GP...April 5 and 8, 2010 1st appt at Windsor clinic with nurse and doc
April 16, 2010 sleep clinic, April 27 echo
May 3,2010 Orientation at Met hospital--,
SURGERY booked Oct.20.2010

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/11 9:28 am - Canada
My prayers and thoughts are with her. Wishing her all the best and a speedy recovery.
debralight
on 6/16/11 9:30 am, edited 6/16/11 9:31 am - Canada
Someone who is in hospital needs to be getting their advice from their surgeon not people on a message board. It would be very dangerous for her to do anything or take anything not prescribed or recommended by her surgeon.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

northernlight
on 6/16/11 9:46 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I couldn't agree with you more, Debra!  Well said !!! 

***Joanne, the medical staff in the hospital have seen this happen many, many times and Nesha needs to listen to their instructions to resolve her gas problems. Just let Nesha know that we're thinking of her and hoping that she starts passing gas very soon so that she can start feeling better.***

Deb

Karen M.
on 6/16/11 11:18 am - Mississauga, Canada
Completely agree.  But hey, what do we know?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

StevesGal
on 6/16/11 11:41 am - Hamilton, Canada

I'm glad to hear she came thru the surgery okay, and hope she'll get home soon.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

JJ_
on 6/16/11 12:04 pm
Toot, toot, toot.....now she can do the refrain of this song....
Joanne J.
on 6/16/11 1:10 pm - Canada
Yes i know she did ask the nurse what to do and the nurse said doctor said to walk and he just monitoring her.
So i agree the doctor needs to help her in that case..

thnx..ill keep you posted

J x

sam1am
on 6/17/11 12:07 am
I hope she's not in too much pain!  Please wish her a speedy recovery!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics