Home from the Hospital!

laura S.
on 8/13/11 9:33 pm - London, Canada
It is so nice to be home!  We got in afound 9:00 ish last night.  Didn't get "sprung" until 7:30 from the hospital and were getting worried we wouldn't be discharged last night at all.

A little sore and not exactly ready to run a marathon, but slowly getting rid of the gas, and working on getting my water in!  Walking REALLY helps, so doing as much of that as possible.   All in all - a MUCH better experience than I thought it would be.  The pain was manageable and really if it wasn't for the gas pain I would say it was minimal.  The gas pain sucked though!!  But even that isn't constant, just when it builds up. 

anyway, just wanted to check in and let everyone know I'm home.  Will write more later.

*hugs*

Laura

P.S.  I'm on the bench.. woohoo!  Finally!  LOL

happypants
on 8/13/11 10:12 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Laura so glad to hear that everything went well for you! I wish you a speedy recovery and YES you are on the bench :) Welcome!!

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Geri T.
on 8/13/11 10:22 pm - Blenheim, Canada
I am so happy for you Laura....you seemed to wait longer than anyone else.

And welcome to the bench.

Geri

Linda C.
on 8/13/11 10:23 pm

Glad you are home and on the mend.  You make it sound like it was a piece of cake... oh, not cake... ummm... piece of high protein stuff.

I'll be joining you on the bench on Thursday, so keep a spot open for me.

Linda C.

_______________ My  is jennifer_rpn______________________________
Includes 72 lbs lost prior to Optifast;  additional 20 lbs lost on Optifast

Susanne S.
on 8/13/11 11:26 pm - London, Canada
So glad to be "spung". I am so happy we had each other to go through all of this with, made the stay in the hospital so much better. Will be strange to eat breakfast with out you now (lol).

Tanya T.
on 8/13/11 11:38 pm
Glad you home and on the mend!!!

Tanya

Linda S.
on 8/14/11 12:07 am - Canada
Glad to hear everything went well.
Thanks, Linda
1) Referral - June 26/10                           4) 2nd. meeting with same - Feb.2/11
2) Orientation - Dec.9/10
3) Met with S.W. Nurse, Diet. - Dec.14/10

Megan M.
on 8/14/11 12:45 am - Canada
Glad to hear you're home and doing well.  You, too, Susanne!  Did the two of you share a room?  That would have been really nice for you both.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

gigglesAlot
on 8/14/11 1:04 am
It's so nice to finally have to move over for ya!  I'm glad that you're feeling pretty good.

Enjoy the ride.. . . . it's fun!
Barb
Out of HEARTACHE . . . . comes JOY!!!    
Referring Weight - 256lbs
Dietician Weight In - 253lbs
Starting Optifast Weight - 250lbs
Surgery Day Weight - 240lbs
Current Weight - 171 lbs

My Angel with Wings. . . and My Earth Angel . . . .is Sandi, who's. . . . . .going2Bthin!! 
sam1am
on 8/14/11 1:09 am
Welcome to the bench Laura!  You have been so prepared, I had no doubt that you would rock this surgery!  I'm so looking forward to hearing your wows!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics