Who are the veterans?

Linda G.
on 9/26/11 6:18 am - Canada
Not trying to be a smart ass here, but I consider a veteran to be anyone who is further in this process than I am.  Those just coming out of the hospital supply lots of hints.  Yes they ask alot of questions but they also offer solutions to those that are coming up behind them. 

I don't think we need a professional designation or definition of who the vets are.  I love everyone's advice.  That doesn't mean I'm going to use it.  That's my choice.  I don't care if you are 6 weeks out, 6 months out or 6 years out.  In fact, sometimes, the closer to the issue the more meaningful advice.

Linda G

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Robin H.
on 9/26/11 6:20 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 6:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
As someone who had WLS almost 6 years ago and has been on this forum forever, I have to say I detest the word vets and the way it is thrown around this board.  Good advice can come from a fresh post op or someone far out.  Not everyone that is new is green and not everyone that has had surgery for years have good advice.  I wish people would stop using that word as something we earn because we are so far out from surgery.  Sound advice from anyone is the best advice.  We all know some long time patients that give the worst advice and if we went by years out alone, then technically they would be a vet but still giving ****ty advice.
sam1am
on 9/26/11 7:14 am
I absolutely 100% agree with you Tracey!  Thank you for putting into words so eloquently, what I have been thinking for a long time!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Linda G.
on 9/26/11 7:31 am - Canada
I also totally agree. But someone scoffed at me calling someone who was only 6 months out, a veteran. 
Linda G

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
Karen M.
on 9/26/11 10:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada
It wasn't a "scoff" exactly.  It was more a question on a questionable use of words.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Eileen C.
on 9/26/11 8:18 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Tracey       

Great answer, you of course ROCK as  I have pointed out many times before 

Have a great day everyone

Take care

Eileen 
            my angel is Lisa48                                        
Nathalie_Can
on 9/26/11 9:06 am
I always wanted to ask this question but never did.  Was this forum started by one person or an organization or is someone "the boss" by province, etc.  or is everyone in here just a regular person that started like everyone newbie?

Thanks for answering!
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 9:11 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
OH is owned by Eric Klein.  It's based out of California that is why the time is always 3 hours behind.  There are moderators on OH just like every other message board.  As far as I know, there are no moderators that post in this forum but I could be wrong.
Nathalie_Can
on 9/26/11 9:57 am
hmmmm...interesting!
Unless I interpreted wrong, I remember the man that lost his daughter, the one that posts from time to time, he said at one point "o****il Karen sees this and remove it" ....he just meant to complain and ask moderators to delete the post? 

Sorry for the questions but always wondered!  lol
Thanks,
Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Most Active
Recent Topics