Sunday night check in and menu planning

JenH1969
on 10/2/11 10:42 am - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
We went away for the weekend and I had no cell service.  We were camping at Bon Echo- what a beautiful park.  I went on a 40 minute bike ride and a half hour hike while there- I am keeping my fingers crossed that this may have given me the incentive to get back into exercising.

When I first found out I had no cell (pc) service, I was bothered.  I thought I really needed to be here and read and talk in order to keep me on track.  Also, I wouldn't be able to record my food and know my calories and protein etc.  BUT, I didn't need to necessarily.  I was able to keep on track and be at peace with my choices. I knew I would check in when I got back and I would be able to join back in.  I thought about my choices, I planned my food and I felt so good about it. 
It really has been a while since I have been so conscious and aware.  It feels so good to once again feel the control. I NEED this- both physically and mentally.

How was your weekend? Do you feel good about your choices?

I am going to get back into menu planning to try to keep on track, to be prepared and to set myself up to succeed.  

Suppers for the week (tentatively)
-pork tenderloin, sweet potato, roasted peppers
-fish chowder
-chicken caesar salad
-spaghetti with meat sauce
-egg salad wraps

I will have dreamfield pasta with my spaghetti, and only couple of potato chunks in my chowder.
I was thinking about shrimp alfredo but don't want to have two pasta dishes in the same week.  I will plan that in for next week.

Is anyone else doing menus these days? 
Should I put up a separate thread for it? I know we use to and it was helpful for some of us.

Let's have a great week and set ourselves up to succeed.

We can do it- we can!!!

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Brenda T.
on 10/2/11 9:16 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Hi Jen, it is a beautiful park, we have camped there too. We love Arrowhead Park in Huntsville, just love it there to pieces! I don't camp this late in the year, I would freeze. lol.

It sounds like you are getting control and it must feel good. I can't wait to have my "tool" so it can help me as well. It sounds like you are being very accountable to yourself and planning is great and I think very important.
Keep up the good work.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

JenH1969
on 10/2/11 9:49 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
I just looked up Hunstville- it is about 4 hours from me- I will def keep it in mind for a long weekend next year-

It does feel so good- can't wait to have you join us on the bench.
Jen

SMILES~JEN 
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/2/11 9:25 pm
Sounds like you did great on planning and keeping on track! Being conscious of what goes into our bodies, and having the control is the best feeling!!!
I kinda think about what Im going to cook but mostly for my husband.  When I shop I make sure I have a bunch of high protein foods for me.
JenH1969
on 10/2/11 9:46 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks- you are right!

When you say a bunch of high protein foods, what are your favourites?\
Jen

SMILES~JEN 
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

mom2brats
on 10/2/11 11:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Ok trying to get back on track myself so I hope you don't mind if I join you!!  was all set this morning to start up with my protein shakes, made a yummy pumpkin pie shake took one sip YUCK dumped it down the sink LOL.  Not sure why, thinking my protein powder may be expired.  At least I hope that's it. Anyway here is my menu plan...

Beef stew.(crockot) Craving dumpling so may go and see if I can find some the low carb Bisquick somewhere.
Garlic Cheddar chicken with quinoa and veggies
9 bean soup with ground beef and salad(crockpot0
Stovetop lasagna and salad( need to find some Dreamfield. Used my last box up)

That is all I have planned at the moment.  I need to work on my lunches and snacks.  I need to keep more protein packed snacks in the house and stay clear of the carby food that I love.
Most Active
Recent Topics