Calories, Protein, Carbs etc., measuring

JenH1969
on 10/2/11 11:04 pm - Brighton, Ontario, Canada

What is your goal for calories, protein, carbs,sugar, fat etc?
Do you have guidelines you try to stay within?

Where do you record your food?

Do you weigh and measure?

TIA,Jen

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Karen M.
on 10/2/11 11:51 pm - Mississauga, Canada
What are you doing presently Jen?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

JenH1969
on 10/3/11 12:31 am - Brighton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Karen- I haven't been doing anything really.  I have not at all been concious of my intake- I have let life get in the way.  I can't remember the fine tuning details for what my daily plan should be. 

SMILES~JEN 
SW-296 lbs,CW-240 lbs,GW-150 lbs
               ~Don't let what you want NOW affect what you want MOST~
                                           WE CAN DO THIS!!

Karen M.
on 10/3/11 12:37 am - Mississauga, Canada
As I mentioned in my other post, I plugged your menu just quickly into fitday.com and listed the totals for you (what are you eating thread).

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

stewartjackie
on 10/3/11 1:53 am - Pickering, Canada
Jenn, I keep my scale on the counter and always weigh things, and I bought these wonderful stainless steel serving spoons from Walmart, but they have measurements on them. You wouldn't know by looking at them though. I use them to serve everyone's food, and only measure mine. Since I have to use a serving spoon anyway, this does both!
I have found using www.myfitnesspal.com really great. It has so many foods already loaded in, and you can input new ones or even recipes. When I go to input breakfast, it brings up my recently eaten foods, so I even see if I'm eating the same thing over and over.
Remember, you are worth it!
Jackie

sam1am
on 10/3/11 2:26 am
Hi Jen,

I am trying to lose my bounce back weight of 5-10 lbs, hopefully by the new year.

I track with myfitnesspal.com

My plan is to stick to about 1200 cal aday, under 50 carbs and 100 or more protein.

I weigh and measure occasionally to make sure my estimates are within reason.

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Monica M.
on 10/3/11 4:05 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I try for 40, 30, 30 percent (prot, carb, fat), and a calorie goal that's determined by the program i use to track my food, livestrong.com, the myplate application. I can use it on my blackberry too.

I weigh pretty much everything, except things that come in specific sizes, (i.e. a slice of bread, or a certain number of grapes).

I found that i'm really good at eyeballing amounts of cheese, and tablespoons of peanut butter, but i'll cut the cheese and then weigh it to make sure.

Most Active
Recent Topics