Clear protein drinks on Guelph post-op diet?

NervousNelly57
on 10/3/11 1:10 am - Guelph, Canada
I'm going to ask this at the surgeon appointment this afternoon, but I was curious if anyone else knows if clear protein drinks are acceptable in the 2 weeks of clear fluids after surgery at the Guelph clinic.

It seems to me that if protein is essential for healing, it would make sense to ingest some during that first 2 weeks.

The only other sources of protein would be the tiny amount in jello (1g), knox gelatin (2 g) or broth (2g) per serving. In contrast, the Isopure clear protein drinks have about 15g per 1 cup serving.

Any input is welcome!

Thanks,
Sharon

sam1am
on 10/3/11 2:30 am
I'm not sure, but it makes good sense to me, Sharon!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Sharvanne
on 10/3/11 8:49 am - Canada
 Guelph does not advocate protein shakes at all. If you drink them, it's up to you, but they will most likely advise you not to.
Highest Weight - 372 (May 2010)
Surgery Weight - 332.6 (March 4, 2011)
Current Weight - 212.9
Goal Weight - 175
NervousNelly57
on 10/3/11 9:45 am - Guelph, Canada
Thanks for the replies.

I did ask Dr Reed today, and he said not to use anything but what was on the list from the dietician.  I'm ok with that.

Sharon

ibed
on 10/3/11 10:21 am
i went through guelph and didn't have any protein shakes, i healed...  i would recommend just sticking with your program and let the clinic know if you're having issues - i'm sure they'll adjust things if need be.

debi.,
charm64
on 10/3/11 11:43 pm - Cambridge, Canada
 I went through Guelph as well and had no protein shakes just followed what they had on the list and healed wonderfully.  Each centre is different.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics