Got my surgery date!

NervousNelly57
on 10/4/11 1:10 pm - Guelph, Canada
I saw Dr. Reed (Guelph) yesterday, and he gave me a surgery date of November 24th!

I'd heard him described as 'a man of few words', and that he wasn't very chatty, but I found him to be exactly the right amount of chatty for my purposes.  He answered nearly all of my questions (and my husband's too) before we even asked them.

I know he's one of the best, so I feel privileged to have him to the surgery.

While I was there I met a very friendly woman named Jackie (Hi Jackie!) who is also getting her surgery sometime in November.  She reads this forum as a guest, but she hasn't officially joined yet.

Just before I was called in to the appointment, another patient (Hi Carol!) came up to me and said "Are you Sharon?"  For the life of me I couldn't recognize her, but I figured she was probably one of the folks from this list.  That wasn't it (well, she also reads it but she's not a member yet); she is a friend of mine I haven't seen since last year.  I sincerely did not recognize her even after she said her first name!  It finally clicked when she told me her last name, but I was so shocked at how different she looked!  She's lost 70 lbs and she looks marvelous!

Can't wait for my turn!

Optifast starts in about 5 weeks!

Sharon

JJ_
on 10/4/11 1:15 pm
Wow, congrats on getting your surgery date!  Soon people won't recognize you either :) 
Brandy S.
on 10/4/11 1:19 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Congrats on yor DATE!!!!! very exciting :)
Brandyyy  
northernlight
on 10/4/11 1:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Congratulations Sharon - that's so exciting for you!

I'll bet that  you'll be feeling pretty good by the time Christmas rolls around and relieved to know that you won't be having your surgery during the holidays, huh? You are so close to the prize now........

Deb

Pam B.
on 10/4/11 1:35 pm
congratulations!  so happy for you
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
angela6
on 10/4/11 2:03 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I am so happy for you - it is very exciting!   Im on day 5 of optifast and I have lost 11.7 lbs. Amazing and I'm really doing it!  Cant wait to hear from you - goodluck

NervousNelly57
on 10/4/11 10:54 pm - Guelph, Canada
I'm so glad things are going well for you Angela!  I've been thinking about you.

Good luck to you too!

Sharon

Nadine W.
on 10/4/11 4:39 pm - Hanover, Canada
So excited for you!
Refer June 4/10, Orientation Dec 16/10, Nut, SW & Nurse Mar 16/11, Internist Apr. 19/11, Nut May 3/11, Nut Class Oct 5/11, Dr. Pereira-Hong Nov. 1/11, Surg Jan. 4/12, Cancellation! New surg date Nov. 10/11. The rest is still unwritten...

Brenda T.
on 10/4/11 8:15 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Love to hear people getting their dates, makes me so excited that one day it will be me too.
Congratulations!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Sharon S.
on 10/4/11 8:50 pm - Burford, Canada
Congrats on getting your date.  I too had Dr. Reed, he is fantastic.  And I agree not the chattiest doc but I would take his skill over chattyness any day.  I do find that he warms as you get to know him.  My last appt with him he actually cracked a joke and had a hint of a smile.

He is the best.
HW 368    PRE-OP 328    CW 185
My angels are Jennifer C. and JustJenn

Sharon 

Most Active
Recent Topics