superficial question

straberryz
on 10/14/11 12:43 am - Ottawa, Canada

Post op who kept their big boobs? and did you always have big boobs even when you were at your lowest weight?

Why? My breasts are the only thing I like about my body, theyve generally stayed the same size through weight loss and gain, even pregnancy and after breast feeding, I guess I got lucky in that department...but after surgery and i loose 100+ lbs are they going to become defated? Or saggy? is it possible that because of my skin tone etc, they wont change that much?

Monica M.
on 10/14/11 12:53 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
so difficult to say. I have always have big boobs, even when losing weight. I had twins, breastfed them. About 7 yrs ago, i had a breast reduction, and although i didnt notice much of a size difference afterward, they sure did hang down less.

Now, i'm losing them. They are deflating. it kind of makes me sad. But i still wouldnt trade my weight loss for bigger boobs. I'll just learn to live with it.

jdance
on 10/14/11 1:23 am - Canada
I don't mind losing the boob, but i wish they would look good in a low cut bra,  nope they pop out and look all stupid. So i have to wear a fully covered bra to keep them in place. Dang,

i was a DD and now I'm a C. So i'm good with that. I was a C before I got heavy, just no more perk.
Depends on how long you've been heavy and how old you are on whether or not the skin still has elasticisty.

But i'll take the saggy baggy and firm fitted bra over being fat anyday.

Brenda T.
on 10/14/11 1:26 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
hi, I haven't had wls yet, but I think it has alot to do with your age, you look pretty young so you might not notice the drooping the same, but they will get smaller, pretty sure about that, but again the younger you are the less drastic I think this will be for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

sam1am
on 10/14/11 1:27 am

Before having kids, my breasts were not too big.  They stayed larger after having children and eventually grew to a 42 DD.  After losing 100 lbs, my latest bra's are 34 F and 36 DD.  At almost 50 they were drooping before and still are, but not terribly and look lovely in a great fitting bra!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Rachel O.
on 10/14/11 1:32 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12

lol  it's funny because that's the one thing I hope don't happen.  I like you LOVE my boobies. I am known as the girl with the big chest.  I have not had WLS yet but even if they do go down I think I would have them put back on. lol ;)

Mary A.
on 10/14/11 1:37 am
not sure what my bra size was before surgery..I wore old bras and didn;t replace them very often.

anyway..now I am a 42C.....yes they are droopy...but bras are wonderful and come in a array of colors and now the selection to choose form is BEAUTIFUL~!!

I just recently had my consult with the plastic surgeon and the droopyness can be rectified if I am willing to go down a cup size/reduction HECK YEAH!!!!!

I am not sure for breasts once the skin has stretched if there are excersizes/toning that can be done..to reduce the droppyness..only a trainer could tell you that..I think age is a huge factor also...the younger you are the less time your breasts have been large...maybe the better the chances are that they may "bounce" back....not sure I was 45 when I had my surgery.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

PatXYZ
on 10/14/11 1:54 am
My poor husbands greatest concern about me having WLS is what will happen to my boobs (I'm a G-H, even in highschool at my lightest weight of about 160 I've never been smaller than a DD). I've prepared him for the eventuality that they will likely get smaller, but may also be saggy/droopy due to extra skin. He thinks this is terrible. I've assured him that I will easily qualify for a reduction, and he has offered to pay for a lift/any reconstruction to help restore them. So my advice is to start saving for plastics!
charm64
on 10/14/11 2:10 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Oh my boobies have become pancakes (so my kids say) lol.  I agree it has a lot to do with age and size.  I have breast feed two babies.  Had three pregnancies and gained 100lbs in the last 20 years. I think everyone is different and all these factors are taken into consideration.  
Mine were big.  But before kids and weight gain I was a 34 to 36 b or c.  I was wearing a 42 DD and now I'm a 40 verging on 38 C.
But they now have a mind of their own and spill out of my bra.
I am more than happy to loose them.  But might need some plastic intervention.

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

straberryz
on 10/14/11 2:35 am - Ottawa, Canada
thx for everyones input. I guess ill just have to accept that they may change. either way id rather be thin, that fat with big boobs. lol  
Most Active
Recent Topics