Finally got that Call!!!

greenthumb74
on 10/22/11 8:13 am
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I got my date - Nov. 30 @ St. Joe's.  She didn't tell me the surgeon and I was so excited I forgot to ask, so I'll have to call back to find out, but regardless.......Things are Moving Forward!!

I start Opti on Nov. 14th so we will see how that works out.  I'm sure it'll be fine.

Thanks for all the great information that gets posted on here.....Keep it coming because I know for darn sure I"ll be needing it!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Nancy   

Surgery:  November 30/11 w Dr. Scott Gmora at St. Joseph's in Hamilton
Highest Weight:  336lbs                  Current Weight: 250lbs
                          Total Weight Loss: 86lbs 
DonnaB1952
on 10/22/11 8:41 am - Amherstburg, Canada
RNY on 01/18/12
Congratulations! Is that St.Joe's in Hamilton or Toronto?

My friend is going through the process in Hamilton and I with HRRH. It seems each hospital has their own way of doing things... she has to have all the tests done first and has not met surgeon. For me I met my surgeon first and now I am seeing everyone else on the team... and apparently some may not have to all the testing that Hamilton patients must have? Crazy how there are such differences all associated under the Ontario Bariatric Network.

Anyways, how wonderful for you! I guess it will be puree turkey this December for you...but what a way to start the new year!

My Journey: Highest W= 349 Loss w/Weight Watchers= 296 Loss w/Optifast= 278 
Referral: Aug.25/11 Orientation: Sept.26/11, Optifast: Dec.28/11 & Surgery: Jan 18/12 

Total Loss= 187 lbs & Weight Loss since Dec 28/2011 w/Opti+WLS= 134 lbs. 

Current Weight  - April 2013 = 162.2

Brenda T.
on 10/22/11 9:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That'a wonderful Nancy!! They called you on a Saturday?

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

JJ_
on 10/22/11 9:31 am
 Congratulations

Judy
MrsJButler
on 10/22/11 9:35 am - Canada
congrats!! very exciting start to the new year
PaulaToronto
on 10/22/11 10:44 am - Toronto, Canada

Good news!  I"m there on the 23rd of November so I'll make sure everything is going good for you! lol

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

pinkjellybean
on 10/22/11 10:50 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
What a great feeling!  I am so psyched for you!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Monica M.
on 10/22/11 11:50 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's awesome, Nancy!!

greenthumb74
on 10/22/11 11:51 am
 Thanks everyone for your congratulatory support!

Yes, I'm through St. Joe's in Hamilton and yes, there definitely are different routes along the way, depending upon your centre.  I met the surgeon thru telehealth in Thunder Bay back in August and was told if we didn't get a call by the second week in October, we weren't going to be in for November.  But someone (I can't remember who because I troll this site so much, lol) mentioned they were still waiting for a November date.  So I decided to break protocol and call to enquire.  I left a msg stating that I'm a teacher in a small board that needed some notice in order to book a supply teacher....blah blah....it was all true and I hoped they would call me back.  They didn't.  

However, when Roxanne got her call, she asked about me and Krista said I would get my call in a day or two....and sure enough, yesterday was the day!  The really interesting thing that she told me was that had been trying to get a hold of me but didn't have my number.  I found this kind of frustrating because when I got my scrip in the mail from Thunder Bay, they had a different number on my file, despite the fact that I'd asked Thunder Bay twice to make the change.

So I called Hamilton right away to let them know the number was wrong and gave them my correct one.  Even though they made the change, they still couldn't get a hold of me I guess.  I still don't know how she got my correct number, nor do I care...I GOT THE CALL!

I am totally ok with waiting until the end of November.  It gives me a chance to finish report cards and get my ducks in a row so I can focus on recovery.  I'm just so stoked to finally get the chance!

Thanks for listening!
Nancy  :)

Surgery:  November 30/11 w Dr. Scott Gmora at St. Joseph's in Hamilton
Highest Weight:  336lbs                  Current Weight: 250lbs
                          Total Weight Loss: 86lbs 
Robin H.
on 10/23/11 5:12 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
 that is awsome news wtg!!!!!

Robin 

Most Active
Recent Topics