Pre-admission on Wed. at TEG- why 4 hours??

monique_lite2b
on 10/24/11 8:23 am - North Bay, Canada
Hi everyone, I'm wondering what happens at the Pre-admission appt?  I go on Wednesday and the appointment is suppose to last about 4 hours.  I know I have to have bloodwork and meet the anethesiologist (sp) but what else can I expect?
Pam B.
on 10/24/11 8:34 am
i have mine tomorrow at St. Joe's Hamilton and it is only scheduled for 2.5hrs.  Can't tell you why your center is 4, but good luck to you hope it all goes well.
  Pam
         Referral Sent: February 2011   Surgery Date: November 2, 2011 by the fantabulous Dr. Gmora!!!    
Leslie W.
on 10/24/11 8:46 am - Cobourg, Canada
I went to TWH and was luckly out in 2 hrs. They tell you 4 as it depends on how busy the pre op clinic is. Most of the time is wait-wait-wait.

I met with the Pharmacist, Nurse, Anesthesiologist and then the lab.

If my appointment had been the day earlier the nurse told me the wait was like 5 hrs.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 9:02 am - Canada
Most of that time will be spent waiting. I also met with a nurse who went over some post-surgery stuff. I went through Humber so I'm not sure if you'll meet with a nurse too.
Radiogirl39
on 10/24/11 2:55 pm - Canada
My PATT's are Wed at Humber Finch.  Most of it is waiting to see the next person.  Take all your meds as they will want to compare them to the list you provide.  Nurse, anesthesiologist, bloodwork, maybe an ECG.  Hopefully it goes fast for all of us.

Julie

Karen M.
on 10/24/11 10:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada
A big wait to see each and every person. hahaha

Sorry. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics