Should I call weight managment clinic in ottawa?

straberryz
on 11/2/11 2:48 pm - Ottawa, Canada
central registry had confirmed (via email) with me that they recieved my application from my dr, and said ottawa will contact me.

will the center use the phone number ohip has on file? or use the number my dr has on file? should I be calling them to make sure?

Also how long is the average wait between referal and orientation? and how much notice do they give for orientation...Im gessing its not in the evening or on weekends......

thx gys :)
suebdc
on 11/2/11 7:22 pm - Kinburn, Canada
VSG on 01/26/12
Hi,

I don't think there is orientation on the weekends or evenings. My referral went in July 2010, March 2011 was my orientation.

Sue
aprilbennett1965
on 11/2/11 8:26 pm - Canada
Hi straberryz,

I wish I could help with the answer to wait time between referall and orientation time but I honestly don't recall when my first appt was. I believe it was sometime in late August or early September but I can't say for sure. My orientation was in February.

I do recall that the info for the orientation session came via a letter in the mail, not by phone. I had several different dates to choose from, but they were all on Fridays. And if I recall the time was 3:00 p.m. There might have also been a morning session as well but I can't remember for sure.  Once you receive the letter you have to pick the date best for you and then call the centre to let them know you will be coming on that date/time.

I would say it wouldn't be a bad idea to give the centre a quick call just to ensure they have the proper contact info on file for you.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Brenda T.
on 11/2/11 10:02 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
I'm not in Ottawa, but I phoned my center and they confirmed they had me in the system but they didn't have my unit number so I was really glad I called.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Liv2ride63
on 11/3/11 1:48 am - tweed, Canada
my doctor referred me mid june ,,i had a letter mailed to me beginning of july but recieved it late due to postal strike so by time i got it there was only one orientation date that hadnt passed and it was full so i had to wait til aug ,,they give you 3 different dates of sessions to pick from and sign up for.
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 8:15 am
Ottawa will send you a letter with a list of dates that you can choice from. Call quickly so you can get the date you want. I waited and could not get my first choice. When I went through the process there was an orientation every second week but I think there is an orientation once a week now (I could be mistaken though.) The wait is worth it!   
Most Active
Recent Topics