Checking in

Nesha_Bless
on 11/4/11 11:08 pm - Canada
 hey yall sorry i havent been around much lately, but i swear life has gotten real busy these last day, im approaching my five month mark and to date I've lost about 120lbs, my weight loss is going really slow these days, I know im not doing all that im suppose to be doing, I havent fallen back into bad habits but I just dont have the time to make my meals myself, so i eat alot of outside foods, i try making healtier choices though, Im a bit frustrated with the slow loss, I try getting in the gym atleast 3 days per week, I know everyone is different and when i see pther people thats way smaller than i am and i have lost the same amount of weight as them or less it makes me think that im not doing what im suppose to be doing, and i dont want to feel like ive failed at this. Thanks for listening to me whining.

MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Monica M.
on 11/4/11 11:45 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Nesha, its so hard to compare yourself with others, i know that. You're doing awesome to have lost over a hundred in five months. When i went to my surgeon, at 7 months, with about 114 pounds gone, he said i was exceeding expectations. And that's a good thing.

You're not failiing. It gets more difficult at this stage. Keep the faith, do what you can do..

are you getting exercise? that's key, when you're getting to the difficult stage. Move,every day, somehow.

Nesha_Bless
on 11/4/11 11:47 pm - Canada
 thanks monica! i do get in the gym atleast 3 days per week, but im so busy with work
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

Monica M.
on 11/4/11 11:54 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's awesome, Nesha. You're doing fine. just try to stop comparing yourself, and you'll be golden.

(and that is an awesome pic, btw)

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/11 11:52 pm - Canada
Nesha, first I wanted to say..you look great! I love your avatar pic. You look so happy

Weight loss will slow down. I try not to compare myself with others but it's hard. I keep thinking I should be further along. BUT...I'm happy with the loss & I'm happy I'm not gaining like I normally do this time of year.

You're doing great. I think it's unrealistic to think we'll never eat out but the key is making better choices. I sometimes buy lunch - I'm getting tired of just cooking for just me - but now instead of Burger King, I'll get soup.

Keep up the good work. You've done remarkably well.

sam1am
on 11/4/11 11:53 pm
 I agree, I think your loss is phenomenal!  Keep up the good work!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Eileen C.
on 11/4/11 11:58 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Hi Nesha

Congrats on your current weight loss, you are doing fantastic  

Remember while you may not be losing pounds you are also probably losing inches, so check your

measurements, LOL

Also remember that you have what is called a "honeymoon stage" until aprx 18 months of from

surgery,, where you will lose the majority of your excess weight 

After that honeymoon stage, the weightloss will slow even slower, so be prepared LOL 

Take care and continued success on your wls journey and don't compare yourself to others LOL, but

we all do it, LOL

Eileen 

my angel is Lisa48                                        
Megan M.
on 11/5/11 1:29 am - Canada
Nesha, if only I could be so lucky to lose like you are.  I think you're doing a fantastic job, and it shows in your pic how proud you are, and how confident you look.  I, too, have slowed down, in fact I think I may have hit a stall or loss stoppage thing, and it is very frustrating.  It's almost unfair that the weight falls off at first, seemingly without trying - makes the slow-down that much harder to deal with.  But we, especially me, have to look at the big picture.  We'll be in true losing mode for about 2 years, so when I think of how it will be at one year out - for me, if I continue at 2 pounds a week, I'll be down another 75 pounds (130 total) at one year.  Of course, that might be unrealistic, but I think you get what I'm saying.  It's like investing in mutual funds - you have to be in for the long-term to make the most of your investment.  So here's to the next 6 months and everything that we can accomplish during that time.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Nesha_Bless
on 11/5/11 1:53 am - Canada
 thanks alot! im always looking at the fact that i was over 400 so the heavier you are the more weight you will loss, but i think back for a bit and then i realize that im a very tall person 6ft at that, so someone who weigh less that myself in numbers and shorter than i am will have a greater BMI, and that only hit me today when i was trying to think what ive been doing wrong, nut its still hard to wrap my head around it
MY ANGEL IS JOANNE J.

StevesGal
on 11/5/11 6:03 am - Hamilton, Canada
Hey, Nesha, good to hear from you.

You're doing so well.  Congrats!

Yes, you will slow down, and then speed up, and the slow down ....  It's the natural cycle of weight loss, with or without WLS.  I'm just coming out of my 2nd stall (thankfully, this one was much shorter), and have now reached 70 lbs in a little over 4 months.

I know it's so easy to fall into that "Why aren't I losing like so-and-so, and we had our surgery at the same time" syndrome, but like others have said, everyone is different, every journey different.  So long as you are losing, and keeping on track, then you're doing what's right for you and your body.  And like you yourself said just above, you're taller and heavier (starting out) than others, so your loss will be much different as well.

Most of all, remember ... God doesn't make junk!  You're perfect!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics