Flashback to 1992

NervousNelly57
on 12/1/11 2:36 am - Guelph, Canada
For a brief time in 1992 I weighed less than I do now. The first few weeks after my son was born, I went down to 13 lb below my pre-pregnancy weight, but of course I couldn't keep it off.

So right now I weigh the same as I did pre-second pregnancy, and probably again on this date 19 years ago.  Almost makes the 2 weeks of clear fluids worth it. (Yes I'm still whining about that! I swear it must be pms!)

Sharon

Monica M.
on 12/1/11 2:40 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I'm flashing back to about 20 years ago. I currently weigh about as much as i did just after i got pregnant with my twins.

on_my_way2011
on 12/1/11 3:54 am - Canada
I was this weight during my pregnany for a bit...seventeen years ago.  I was about 210 when I got pregnant and in the 250s just after I gave birth.  Now I am in the 230s...so I am probably where I was when I was about 5 month pregnant!

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/1/11 7:19 am - Windsor, Canada
How are you feeling now as a postoperative? Hunger or no hunger?

Hubby has started his optifast. I can't wait for his big day with dr reed!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

NervousNelly57
on 12/1/11 8:04 am - Guelph, Canada
No hunger, Dawn.  Glad, too, because I'm trying to continue eating with the rest of the family (tonight was pizza for my son and curry for everyone else).

On the down side, I'm just not very excited about broth and jello any more.  Looking forward to next week though (oatmeal- whoo hoo!)

Your husband is in the best hands.  I love Dr. Reed and so does my family doctor and every nurse on 5th floor of the General.

Good luck to him!

s

Megan M.
on 12/1/11 8:38 am - Canada
Loving the flashback theme!  I was remembering some previous weights just the other day - I remember being 212 (now 201), at weigh****chers shortly after the birth of my daughter almost 26 years ago (early 1985ish).  I also remember being 180 and going to a gym after birth of second child in 1983 - I remember seeing a girl there in a black body suit and thinking that I would love to be able to wear a body suit like that.  Good Lord, what was I thinking?  I wouldn't wear that thing now even if I had a model's body!  Boy, how time changes.   (Oh, and I also wish I could have back all the money I wasted making Florine rich.  I think I bought her a new car all the times I tried WW).

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

mom4life
on 12/1/11 9:09 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
I was never my current weight as an adult.  The last time I weighed 150 lbs I was on my way up at around 17 years old.  But the funny thing is that I am a much smaller size in clothes now then I was that time.

At 150 before I was wearing a 16 - 18, and this time at 150 I wear a size 8 - 10.  I understand vanity sizing, but that seems extreme.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics