No news is good news???.....(I hope) (re PS)

Mary A.
on 12/5/11 4:23 am
I saw my plastic surgeon on Sept 29....and called today as I haven't heard either way from OHIP

...the wonderful Assistant at my PS's office said that they hasn't heard either approval or denial yet..so I am still hoping.

oh well..I hope this is one of those scenarios where "good things come to those who wait"...LOL

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Robin H.
on 12/5/11 4:54 am - Thunder Bay, Canada
good luck i hope you get approved, are you hoping for the panni?

Mary A.
on 12/5/11 4:59 am
On December 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM Pacific Time, Robin H. wrote:
good luck i hope you get approved, are you hoping for the panni?
I am hoping for the panni and then I will pay for the complete additional tummy tuck.

I have also applied for a breast reduction/lift..and will see what if anything happens with that.

If I am not approved for the breast reduction/lift..I can live with support bras for the rest of my life..but it would be nice to be able to fit into a couple of sizes smaller jeans, especially when the panni is so large.

thanks so much

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary

lexxiblue
on 12/5/11 5:25 am
RNY on 01/11/12
this probly may seem like a stupid question.. but i'm very "ignorant" of the plastic surgery scenario... but why not just go for the tummy tuck?? and skip the panni stage??? like i said may seem like a stupid question..... good like with your wait.. hope it's not too long foryou! and congrats with your weight loss!
Mary A.
on 12/5/11 9:31 pm
On December 5, 2011 at 1:25 PM Pacific Time, lexxiblue wrote:
this probly may seem like a stupid question.. but i'm very "ignorant" of the plastic surgery scenario... but why not just go for the tummy tuck?? and skip the panni stage??? like i said may seem like a stupid question..... good like with your wait.. hope it's not too long foryou! and congrats with your weight loss!
it's not about being ignorant in any way unless you have done research or have been looking into the whole plastic surgery thing it's like information from another planet

pannilectomy is the skin removal (below) the belly button, it is the place where many weight loss patients have the largest skin overhang.  My PS told me that OHIP requires an overhang of 5 inches (I think it was inches) and mine is 7  so hopefully I will qualify for that

The tummy tuck portion is then (above) the belly button and involves the roll(s)and especially the shaping of the sides..when you are in surgery and all the staff are already there the cost is less to have the entire procedure done because everyone is already in the oeprating room for the procedure. I wouldn't want to have just the panni and then look and think "geez I should have had the tummy tuck as well"

costs estimated by my PS are be $5-7,000 for the entire procedure..if OHIP pays a portion I will just have to pay the difference.

Hope that makes sense.

Mary

Megan M.
on 12/5/11 9:04 am - Canada
Waiting is the hardest part of anything.  I hope it ends up being good news that's worth the wait!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Mary A.
on 12/5/11 9:35 pm
On December 5, 2011 at 5:04 PM Pacific Time, Megan M. wrote:
Waiting is the hardest part of anything.  I hope it ends up being good news that's worth the wait!
Thanks Megan..maybe it will be terrific Christmas news.....maybe some people find that kind of morbid (plastic surgery) as good news..but being almost 3 years post-op and keeping my wieght gain around 6lbs...I am looking forward to the next step in feeling even better about myself.

HUGS

Mary

ericaFG
on 12/5/11 9:17 am - Cambridge, Canada
 My approval for a panni took 10 weeks.  About 8 weeks for a breast reduction.  So you're within the time frame.  And that's if your PS sent the referal off on the day you were in...sometimes it takes them a few weeks...
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Mary A.
on 12/5/11 9:33 pm
On December 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM Pacific Time, ericaFG wrote:
 My approval for a panni took 10 weeks.  About 8 weeks for a breast reduction.  So you're within the time frame.  And that's if your PS sent the referal off on the day you were in...sometimes it takes them a few weeks...
Thanks ERica...I am not an anxious person and am not hoping to have the surgery until next Spring..but it would be nice ot know..thanks for letting me know..ithe approval time is ALL over the map a local woman I know (THunder Bay) had her approval for her panni removal within (1) week..ye syou rea dthat correctly.  But that's okay...my mind was a bit more at ease when I spoke to the PS Assistant yesterday and she looked up my file and it was indeed submitted on the day that I had my consult.  So maybe I will get some great Christmas news~!!

Thanks everyone

Mary

Most Active
Recent Topics