Nutr. info for egg bites?

Radiogirl39
on 12/10/11 12:22 am - Canada
Just wondering if anyone knows, can't seem to find it.  I just made them and they are freaking awesome! 

I've realized I am a much happier camper when I can cook.  Even if I'm only eating the spaghetti sauce and not the spaghetti, lol.

Julie

Moselle
on 12/10/11 12:30 am - Athens, Canada
Do you use an online tracking tool?  Mine has a recipe calculator - you input all the ingredients and the number of servings and it calculates the nutritional info.  I use myfitnesspal.com but I know there are many places to do these calculations.  What kind of eggbite did you make?

I've made a few kinds - I love them. I've also served them as appetizers when having company over; everyone loved them and I can enjoy one or two guilt free! lol
Radiogirl39
on 12/10/11 5:13 am - Canada
I haven't used a tracker yet as I'm just starting to eat regular foods.  I'll check them out. 

I made the basic ones with ham.  I am having a jewellery party on Tuesday and if I'd known how good they were I wouldn't have bought all the crackers and lunch meat and cheese and made these instead.

Julie

Radiogirl39
on 12/11/11 3:33 am - Canada
Well, I'm totally frustrated trying to use my fitness pal.  I went to the tools aqnd then to the calculate calories part.  I put in the 3 of servings and the name, but there is nowhere to put the actual frigging ingredients.  It says "add ingredients".  When I click on that I get another screen that tries to match the ingredients to other recipes! I'm not finding it user friendly and it would be nice if Eggface would just give is the values of the food she suggests.  How can we know it's right for us?

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 3:38 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
She had RNY so I doubt she'd post anything that wasn't RNY friendly.  Post your ingredient list and I'll do it in my program.  And also include how many you made.
Radiogirl39
on 12/11/11 3:51 am - Canada

I'm sure you are right Tracey, but I still try and track my protein daily and can't if it's not posted.  I used a different app and sorta figured it out.  But you can't get a lot of the ingredients right.  It wouldn't accept 'green onion'!  So basically 2.4 g of fat and 2 g of protein per bite is what I got. 

Just in case you wanted to do your own:
1/2 yellow onion
3 green onions
6 mushrooms
1 tsp butter
1/4 lb ham slices (approx 7)
5 eggs
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
5 eggs
1 cup light Kraft Italiano blend shredded cheese
makes: 24 (mini muffin size)

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 4:01 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
I just did it in sparkpeople and green onions are not listed there either.  I have no idea which ham you used so I selected the 5% fat one as it was the lowest then I picked large eggs since you didn't specify and there was no light italiano so I used light cheddar and here is what I got.

37.4 calories
.6 carbs
2 fat
4.2 protein

I'm sure the reason Shelly doesn't post NUT facts is because we will never be able to find the exact same ingredients she uses so we have to check for ourselves.

Radiogirl39
on 12/11/11 4:08 am - Canada
Thanks Tracey!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 4:11 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Green onions are 5 calories each and about 1.2 grams of carb each so 3 of them spread over 24 is nothing.  LOL

I've used this recipe analyzer before as well and it works most of the time. 

caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
Karen M.
on 12/11/11 5:39 am - Mississauga, Canada
You can't go wrong with crustless quiche.  Tracey's numbers are exactly what I got on fitday when I did it about a year ago, assuming you're eating the mini sized ones.  It's almost pure protein with a little veg - how could that be bad?  Also, she's a WLS patient - her recipes are top notch, values or not.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics