SURGERY DATE SET, OPINIONS ON DR. ANVARI

swagger
on 12/12/11 10:22 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
Received my call this am and Christa was awesome and we were able to decide a surgery date that was best for me. Only question I have now is about my surgeon....or perhaps I shouldn't ask for opinions, but I'm going to anyways....

I've read some of the Dr.'s profile and some google reviews, but I'd like to get your own personal opinion and or a quick reply about your experience with him. I know it's opinions and what I've read is that he is a top notch surgeon. I just to get a feel for whom will be arranging my guts around . Thanks very much

Regards

Darren

Surgery date, feb 10th 2012

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."
-Vincent Lombardi of the Green Bay Packers

Karen M.
on 12/12/11 10:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada
While I have no personal experience with Dr. Anvari admittedly, he is a highly respected surgeon and I have heard nothing but positive reviews from anyone who has had him.  I would certainly trust him with my life. You're in excellent hands.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Tanya T.
on 12/12/11 10:31 pm
Darren I had Dr. Anvari in August for my surgery.  I had never met him until on the table in the operating room even in that short time I was totally comfortable with him.  I was totally at ease knowing he was doing my surgery he truly is a top notch surgeon you will be in great hands with him.

Tanya

J_J
on 12/12/11 10:49 pm - Barrie, Canada
Although he was my surgeon...I never actually met him.  But my sister (who saw him when he had completed the surgery) said that he lacked a bed side manner.  Dr. Hong (the other surgeon at St Joes) was much friendlier.

But personality does not make a good surgeon...so that being said...I am very happy with my surgery and had no complications.

Best of luck to you!

Donnaslifepart2
on 12/12/11 10:59 pm - Canada

Dr. Anvari performed my surgery in May.  I met him on the table and he came to see me the day I was discharged.

I had an uneventful surgery performed by a competent surgeon and have made a full recovery and am 90 lbs. closer to a normal weight.  He helped me and for that I am grateful.

If you are looking for someone to hold your hand, you will be sorely disappointed.

Go with a competent surgeon and find someone else to hold your hand.

(deactivated member)
on 12/12/11 11:00 pm - Canada
Dr. Anvari is a very capable surgeon.

He did my surgery November 10, 2010.

He is a very straight to the point doctor.  Not the most warm and fuzzy bedside manner, but he is a capable surgeon and won't feed you lines of b.s.

So if you're looking for someone who will hold your hand and tell you everything is going to be all right.  Dr. Anvari is NOT your man.

If you're looking for a surgeon who will do an excellent job and explain things in a straight-forward to-the-point manner (including kicking your butt regarding getting up and exercising the day of the surgery), he's ideal.

I'd rather have someone who will make the right decision for my health and future when they are inside me, replumbing my innards.  However Dr. Anvari, Dr. Hong and the new surgeon at St. Joe's are all very capable and able. 
Brenda T.
on 12/12/11 11:03 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Congrats on your surgery date!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

swagger
on 12/12/11 11:04 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
On December 13, 2011 at 7:03 AM Pacific Time, Brenda T. wrote:
Congrats on your surgery date!!

Thank you Brenda !

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince."

swagger
on 12/12/11 11:03 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 02/10/12
Thanks, this is giving me a better idea of the man behind the title.... No hand holding needed lol

trudylam
on 12/12/11 11:36 pm - Sudbury, Canada
Dr. Anvari was my surgeon in May and he was great.  Met him in the operating room for about 5 minutes before I was sedated but he was very nice and did a great job.  You will be in great hands!  Best of luck to you and congrats on the surgery date! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics