I Survived Christmas Dinner

lexxiblue
on 12/27/11 8:48 am
RNY on 01/11/12
Dec 25 - was Day 7 of optifast. When i was given my surgery date of jan 11 hubby said.. awhh sorry hunny you won't get to eat xmas dinner!  and i cried!  wiht the great suggestion from Beth & Joy -thank you ladies!. i put my optifast in a festive xmas glass and had green & red jello... festive xmas colours and i sat at the dinner table!  everyone else had turkey, stuffing, all the vegees & strawberry cheesecake!  when i was done "my dinner" i brought the rest of the turkey to the table and stripped all the meat off of it. dinneri wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be!  and neither is optifast.  i even took back my 3 boxes of chocolate and exchanged them for vanilla and i drink it plain... sometimes with lots of ice but don't have that option at work.. so cold water & opti.. tastes good to me!  i'm handling it a lot better than i thought i would.  i know i can do this!  after 9 days ..i'm down 17 lbs!!  i've got 2 weeks to go.. i can't wait!! so if you think the optifast is bad.. i think you gotta give it a try first!  i don't like coffee so adding decaf won't work for me.  i've smelled the chocolate and didn't like it. to ME.. the chocolate wasn't the best choice!  good luck to all of you about to start opti - just remember to keep your eye on the prize!! and after reading everyone else's great accomplishments... we will one day be there too and have bragging rights!!!  take care of you!!
Catw
on 12/27/11 9:05 am - Arnprior, Canada
 Congradulations on getting through Christmas dinner, I know how hard it is, when I did my Optifast, I missed out on about 4 family parties.  Everything looked good, but I knew I had to stay away from it.  Not long now!

Cathy

Karen W.
on 12/27/11 9:29 am - Canada
Way to go!  Great strategies to get through Christmas dinner.  You'll be on the bench before you know it....

RNY April 11, 2011       

JJ_
on 12/27/11 10:53 am
Way to go.  Not only did you survive you surmounted the challenge!!  Congrats.

Judy
Lizzie54
on 12/27/11 12:00 pm - Canada
Hi,

Good for you!.  I too was surprised how much I liked the optifast, but my flavour was chocolate.  I only added ice to it and it was very good.  I did do the vanilla but included some strawberry banana crystal lite in it, so it was like strawberrry milk to me.

The two weeks will go really fast and you will be on the bench before you know it.

Take care...Liz
Liz   

Joy D.
on 12/27/11 12:11 pm - Hamilton, Canada
 GREAT JOB Deb !!!!  I'm very proud of you !!!

You're special day is just around the corner now, I didn't have xmas dinner either as the meds i am on make me very sleepy so not chancing the drive to any where right now, i did buy myself a turkey and will be cooking it up for new years. I will be bagging a lot and freezing it that way i can graze on it for a day,oh and of course making turkey soup ... my fav, I go back to see Dr Hong on the 3 to see if my Ulcer is healed up and another scope on the 13 cross my fingers that its healed, I'm feeling a wee bit better tho, i hope so but then again the meds for that is lowering my pain when i do  eat.

I hope you don't mind if i come see you at St Joe's on the 12 ?, congrats on ur opti loss, btw i liked the vanilla as well to me it tasted like Mc D's ice cream lmfao yes i can have weirdo taste buds .. ha ha 

wishing you all the best for 2012 my friend, its ur year to shine 

Joy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
Free Disney Tickers

Karen M.
on 12/27/11 5:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Way to go Deb!  Sounds like you're doing great!

Hope to see you at cawfee on the 5th. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

lexxiblue
on 12/27/11 8:14 pm
RNY on 01/11/12
THANKS to everyone!! my first challenge is over and i know i have many many more to overcome but with this awesome forum and everyone's help i know i can breeze thru the rest of them!!  good luck to everyone... and to those wonderful vets on maintenance... that will be the hardest part (as always!)!!!
smiley_k
on 12/27/11 10:46 pm
Congrats Deb! It sounds like you did wonderfully and that you are really prepared for this surgery! 
Katie  ♥     

Most Active
Recent Topics