New Year's Resolution Part 2

NervousNelly57
on 2/5/12 11:58 pm - Guelph, Canada
In the past all of my New Year's Resolutions seemed like hard work or even punishments.  Most of the time they included losing weight, but this year that will happen anyway, thanks to WLS and sticking to the plan.

So, this year I decided to add a new pampering habit each month. Last month was using lotion on my feet each day after my shower: Body Shop Peppermint - my favourite!  My feet look and feel really nice now.

This month I started making a point to use hand lotion more often.  It started because someone at work left us a bottle of Eucerin by the kitchen sink.  Wow that stuff is good.  I always had a pump bottle of Curel, which I also love, at my desk, but I'd forget.  Now everytime I wash my hands at work I apply a little lotion.

Who knows what next month will be...Any suggestions?

Sharon

Janet13
on 2/6/12 12:20 am - Toronto, Canada
A mani/pedi is always a good choice and so relaxing.
"I used to be SnowWhite and then I drifted"
"words come easy behind the screen, when there is no interface-to-face to be seen"

ToNewBeginnings
on 2/6/12 12:32 am
I like your idea of a new pampering habit. They are small changes and relate to taking better care of ourselves.

How about a home facial?
NervousNelly57
on 2/6/12 12:48 am - Guelph, Canada
I'm thinking in terms of something to do daily, so it becomes a permanent habit.  Maybe facial exercises and/or massage?  Maybe one or 2 yoga exercises, or maybe some deep breathing exercises.  However, that word 'exercise' is exactly the kind of term I'm trying to avoid with this resolution!

s

Joyce J.
on 2/6/12 1:08 am - Scarborough, Canada
HI there

Sounds like a great plan. Makes you feel so good too. I keep saying I am going to do these things but never get around to it LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

NessaC
on 2/6/12 1:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
How about slowly working up to being able to do the full sun salutation every morning? If you google it there are lots of guides and videos!
Nessa   

Referral to Registry January 4 2011         Surgery November 7 2011
twins4meplus1
on 2/6/12 1:29 am - St Thomas, Canada
What about adding a stretch break to your morning and afternoon at work?
Feels great if you have been sitting at your desk for any length of time.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

ToNewBeginnings
on 2/6/12 2:59 am
...also how about really brushing your teeth well?
I know that may sound strange but for myself I know I used to bursh rather quickly.
Now I do a first brush to get all the particles out and then I super brush around all the teeth and floss. Teeth feel great and I don't eat right away after because of all the work I did to get them clean!
NervousNelly57
on 2/6/12 3:58 am - Guelph, Canada
Actually, that reminds me that I used to use a 'sulca brush'!  It's sort of smaller than a toothbrush, and you use it dry.  I think it's supposed to help with gums and/or placque.  I remember my hygienist saying how my teeth seemed almost like they didn't need a professional cleaning back when I was using it regularly.  I must have one around somewhere.  That would be a good suggestion for March! (And flossing!)

Thanks!

Sharon

p.s. Keep the suggestions coming!  I have 9 more months to add a good habit this year.

msheavyhearted
on 2/6/12 4:07 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
I agree with the tooth brushing thing. Even better, how about making a point of flossing daily of you don't already. That's one habit I should really spend time on developing.

You could also:

1. Set aside 10-15 minutes a day to read (if that's something you enjoy)

2. Do some journalling for a few minutes a day.

3. Take a self portrait (maybe of just your face) each day for a month just to be able to see the subtle changes.

4. Take up a craft or hobby and spend a few minutes a day doing it (drawing, instrument, knitting...)

5.Spend 15 minutes alone with yourself with a warm drink.

6. Take a few minutes each day to connect with friends and family either by phone, email, or letter. In just a few minutes you can brighten someone else's day.

7. Practice a month's worth of random acts of kindness. They don't have to be big gestures (think complimenting someone, donating to a food bank, picking up after someone.)

8. Not sure if you do this but if you don't... how about doing your make-up every day this month.

9. Take a daily walk - either alone or with a loved one.

10. If you can afford it, indulge in a little gift each day. It doesn't have to be expensive at all. You can buy nail polish or a bath sponge at the dollar store. You can get perfume samples from department stores for free. You can find specialty decaf teas almost anywhere. Go to Value Village and pick up a new-to-you outfit. Claire's and Ardene's always have sin bins. Chapters sells books for under $5. An indulgence for me would be finding enough time in the day to read the daily newspaper.

What a wonderful resolution. I think I'll use some of these ideas myself!

Thea
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Most Active
Recent Topics