DAY2 OPTIFAST

Heregoesnothing66
on 2/14/12 6:15 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
So deep into Day 2....Went to Startbucks and bought the Caramel Sugar free flavoring.  Its really helps with the Vanilla Optifast.

I have a pounding headache and my eye is still twitching.  I have no idea if this is related but its going onto day two and is very annoying.

Someone mentioned yesterday about coffee. Does coffee have to be decaffinated?  I sure hope not its the only thing Im hanging onto.

Please tell me this guy with the jackhammer on my head will go away soon.

alexforest
on 2/14/12 6:38 am - Canada
the jackhammer will stop after a couple of days, remember your body is going through withdrawel as well,, i drank coffee and it wasn't decaf, i gave up food isn't that enough..lol.. you'll be fine by tomorrow ,,,
Dianadcr
on 2/14/12 6:45 am - Canada
We were told in Hamilton decaf for life. I gradually worked my way into decaf weeks before opti. Inspite of that I still had a headache for a few days. I think it was whole body detoxifying itself.
  Diana

Shar eD
on 2/14/12 7:18 am
I was told to switch to decaf yesterday too, going to St. Joes in Hamilton. 
robinmarie1959
on 2/14/12 8:33 am - Canada
 hi you cant have coffee at all unless it is decafe
northernlight
on 2/14/12 10:05 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Sorry to hear about the nasty headache - ouch!!!  I've heard that it lets up after 3 or 4 days but I haven't started Opti yet so can't say personally.

We were told right from the start that we could not have any caffeine - not from pop, coffee or tea.  I gave up all pop, luckily I don't drink coffee and I switched over to decaffeinated teabags. They told us that it definitely applied to the time before surgery when we were on Optifast, so you might want to double-check with your centre about the caffeine issue.

Good luck with getting rid of the headache!

Deb

JJ_
on 2/14/12 11:10 am
Wow, sorry to hear about the jackhammer guy not letting up.  Does Tylenol help? 

When I was on Optifast, I never experienced any headaches.  Mind you I was off of caffeine way before Optifast.

All the best and may tomorrow be better for you.

Judy
Estafonia1113
on 2/15/12 12:01 am - Canada
Omg I know exactly what yoü are going thru - I am on day 2 opti and when I woke up this morning I felt like I had a severe hangover and I don't DRINK ALCOHOL!!!! So how is your breathe not trying to be offensive but I feel like I am constantly brushing my teeth and I work in the public so not sure how to handle that - might call my dietician ..... When is your surgery? Mine is mar 6 but at st. Joe in Toronto .... I am assuming yoü r in hamilton
Well I will be thinking of you as I am going thru the jackhammer theory as you so placed it lol
Keep in touch
Stephanie
Heregoesnothing66
on 2/15/12 2:51 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
Hey Steph,

No Im in Toronto, going to St. Mikes. If I could bottle the breath Im pretty sure we could sell it to the US for chemical warfare.  Honest to God,  Muck Mouth.    

They told us the breath would be a problem at the nutrition class, try sugar free mints. 

So how many flavors of Jello have you had so far?  

This isnt easy...I feel like a slug.

Im cheering you on friend

sam1am
on 2/15/12 1:13 am
Some centres, including mine, have no problem with regular coffee.  Check with yours to be sure!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics