NSDs that will someday be NSVs

Onward and
Downward

on 2/14/12 8:22 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
A little thread to cheer us pre-ops up whenever we experience those Non-Scale Defeats that we're hoping to turn into NSVs once we have surgery and lose lots of weight. :)

The other day I was at a convention held in a hotel, and everyone went to the food court for lunch.  The only seats available were those ones that are attached to the tables - you know the kind, like the ones McDonald's has?  (I don't know if McCrap still has those ones - it's been ages since I've been in one.)

So I go to sit down with my friends, and I didn't fit.  :(  Well, I managed to squeeze myself in but I was very uncomfortable and I was squashed right into the table.  It was a bit embarrassing. 

But, I told myself that hopefully by the end of this year, I will fit into those tables, and everywhere else!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

CanDoItFour
on 2/14/12 8:38 pm - Canada
I am whole heartedly behind your positive attitude!  As someone who was always afraid that when I tried to get up out of one of those things, the post would pull out of the floor, you are right .... THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST NSV'S THERE IS!

Claire
HW 348
CW 162
Surgery - TWH Feb 11, 2011
Karen M.
on 2/14/12 9:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada
HIjack:  I made a post about you yesterday, *giggle*

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ON/4502098/OT-Happy-Valent ines-Day-to-US-a-game/

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

CanDoItFour
on 2/14/12 10:07 pm - Canada
Oh Karen - how could I have missed this ?!  What an incredibly kind thing to say, and one I will cherish for a very long time - especially from YOU.

So, here's my little response -

"There are few who can say so much, that is important, so succinctly, and with such a nice light touch and an inevitable smile.  Karen, you are a treasure to this group, and I am sure to many outside the OH family." 

AND ... good luck today at Council.

Until next time

Claire
mom4life
on 2/14/12 8:56 pm - Port Rowan, Canada
I remember all too well that feeling, or thinking maybe I will make an excuse to just stand...  This absolutely will be a wonderful NSV for you, along with many, many more.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Karen M.
on 2/14/12 9:18 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Gawd, how I remember those feelings!  You know what?  Write these ALL down, because in a year you're going to be ticking them all off the list like they never existed.  Hang in there! xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 2/14/12 9:22 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Great post

Sitting in booths is the best now for me LOL. I use to dread that and going through turnstyles LOL

Have a great day

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Onward and
Downward

on 2/14/12 9:45 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
Don't get me started about TTC turnstiles!  Eek!!  :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active
Recent Topics