Smileyiam2
on 2/24/12 5:39 am - Canada
Hi everyone, just wanted to drop by and say "hello" I'm 3months post-op from my WLS. I really haven't had that much support and I feel I'm hitting a low now with weight loss. Which I find strange. I've just taken up water aerobics and I go to the gym. I guess I'll just keep on trying. Finding it hard at times with some negitivity around  me, but I try to stay focused and keep on going. Not a good week for me as I have come down with a real bad cold. They say work out so I have done so 3times this wk, but now I have no engery left. Will have to take a few days off.  ok enough babbling here... a big "HI" to everyone.

Cheers,  Marie
350Ann180
on 2/24/12 8:38 am - St. Williams, Canada
VSG on 05/02/12
Welcome Marie!

Take a day or two off - rest, relax and get feeling better.

Keep popping into the board - not much negativity here - all pretty positive and all are amazing.

Good Luck!

Ann

Smileyiam2
on 2/24/12 8:46 am - Canada
Thanks Ann, I plan on doing that!
Marie

Hanneli xoxo
on 2/24/12 8:52 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12
 welcome! Keep your spirits up :) stick around, you will get a lot of support here!

Smileyiam2
on 2/24/12 8:59 am - Canada
Thanks everyone! I think despite everything I've done well for myself losing 60lbs already.  So ppl, just don't get it....that I can't eat stuff I use to before and I'm on a lot more healthier regime.
Marie

JennaMi77
on 2/24/12 10:48 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
 That's amazing!  You are doing terrific,  and should be extremely proud. 
Message me if you ever need to feel you need the support. 
brownsx4
on 2/24/12 9:22 am
Welcome im pretty new everyone i have met have been really nice
Ref: Aug 25 2011 Ori: Apr 12 2012 Nurse: June 12 2012  Nut Class: Aug 7 2012 Dietitian:  Aug 25 2012 Doc July 10, 2012 2nd Dr apt: Sept 25th Social Work apts: July 16 & sept 4  
Monica M.
on 2/24/12 9:13 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Hey Smiley!! welcome to the Board!!!! I hope you find lots of support here. it might be a good idea for you to find a support group in your area, to counteract the negativity that you seem to be experiencing.

Karen W.
on 2/24/12 10:42 pm - Canada
Welcome, Smiley!

If you go back through past posts, you'll find lots of threads about slow weight loss, stalls etc.  You may want to use the search box at the top right of the page to search for these items.  It will really normalize your experience. 

Don't expect your weight loss to remain constant. It won't. You'll have slow periods and will probably even stall at some point (a stall is 3 weeks or more with no movement on the scale).  This is normal.  I suggest writing down your measurements and measuring monthly so that you can see progress even when the number on the scale isn't moving.  Also try to focus on what we call NSV's (non-scale victories), all of the changes in your life that aren't related to the number on the scale.

Keep reading and posting.  Ontario OH is a wonderful place to get information and share your journey. 

RNY April 11, 2011       

sam1am
on 2/24/12 11:33 pm
Welcome to the board, Marie!  

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Most Active
Recent Topics