toronto Western Support group

Patm
on 2/28/12 3:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Does anyone here go to the TWH msupport group. the location of it seems to be a gaurded secret. I have been told twice it will be e-mailed to me and still have not heard from anyone. I would like to go to the next meeting. I had my surgery January 20th

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 6:52 am - Toronto, Canada
 The 3rd Wednesday  of every month, south elevators...and now I can't remember if its the 3rd floor or the 6th floor??  I've gone many times but my memory is failing me suddenly.  Its held in the same room as the orientation session was, if that helps at all.  I'm sure someone else will chime in with the room number.
tobif
on 2/28/12 6:56 am
pinkjellybean
on 2/28/12 7:02 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
As Sandy said we meet on the third Wednesday of every month at 7pm.

We meet in the 6th floor Fell Pavilion, Room 103, Take South Elevators.

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Patm
on 2/28/12 10:13 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Thank you for the reply. Lorraine told me a couple of times she would get the information but forgot. So the next one must be March 21? I will definetly be there.

kucletsa
on 2/28/12 11:50 pm - Canada
 Hi there

Just curious. As it is so hard to find someone who has had the surgery done in Toronto. Let alone the sleeve!  Did you get sleeved and if so. How?  Was it because you requested it or because you have medical issues that prevent you from having RNY. I AM   VERY AGAINST having RNY. And who was your surgeon?  Please help!!  My orientation is April 18th

Thanks. Patty!!
Patm
on 2/28/12 11:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I am not sure why you are againsat the RNY. Many on this forum including me have had it. I had my surgery on January 20th and except for problems with constipation I am doing great. My surgeon was Dr Urbach and I had my surgery at Toronto Western. I would suggest you discus with the team as your appointments are set-up on your desire for a sleeve. It seems to be just for people who can not have the RNY for medical reasons.
Good Luck

kucletsa
on 2/29/12 12:55 am - Canada
Just my personal opinion. Besides I would rather not have anything in my body rerouted.  
kucletsa
on 2/29/12 2:06 am - Canada
Hi sorry. I had hit send prior to ending my MSG. I kmow because when I called the clinic. The girls at front didn't even know what VSG was. I called my dr and (nurse) she said to go ahead and book my appt and take it from there. She said I should definitely have an opinion on what surgery I get considering Ohip does cover it automatically health issues or not. My dr is also very anti bypass since he said he knows many who have passed from it. I basically it's all up to the surgeon. But I'm willing to fight this one considering it's already covered. If it gets ugly will go to obudsman.  

Thank you kindly for your input

Best of luck!
Karen M.
on 2/29/12 2:57 am - Mississauga, Canada
Good day,

Pinkjellybean received the VSG because the RNY was not possible/safe in the opinion of her surgeon at the time of surgery.  There are many people who have received a VSG, who have advocated for it.  Do you have medical reasons why you cannot have the RNY performed? That would be an excellent starting place in speaking with your potential surgeon.

To quote you:  "I AM   VERY AGAINST having RNY"

It's truly a personal preference, what you feel would be best for you and your health. It also has a great deal to do with medical necessity i.e. the need for NSAID medication due to serious pre-existing conditions, previous abdominal surgeries, etc, etc.  You'd do really well to research this, perhaps visit the VSG forum here on OH and get some ideas from experienced sleevers there too, and that would really help to convince your surgeon.  I do feel saddened, however, to hear people make such strong statements in their very first post on the forum. 

I wish you the best of luck.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics