High Blood Pressure - again

kellybelly333
on 3/6/12 2:01 am - Toronto, Canada
So, i'm almost a year out (yay), and recently my blood pressure has crept it's way up again. It was at perfect levels from three months on. Has anyone else experienced this? I recently went on the Evra Patch for birth control, but it had crept up before that. I'll probably have to remove it and maybe check out the Nuva Ring while my honey waits for his vasectomy.

In the meantime, i'm dealing with low iron (5) and ferratin (4) levels, and reactive hypoglycemia. Could this be raising my blood pressure too? Stress? (could it be raising on it's own as I write this post? LOL)

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leslie W.
on 3/6/12 2:12 am - Cobourg, Canada
It could be your patch. I definetly would speak to your MD about it.I would seriously doubt that your iron and ferritin levels or RH would contribute to high BP. Some people even though they have good doet and exercisie can still have high BP. Alot can depend on your genetics too.
How is your kidney function? How high is high for your BP?

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
kellybelly333
on 3/6/12 2:15 am - Toronto, Canada
Today it was 143/106. I do have it in my family. Could be the patch, I guess it's not helping. Apparently high bp does run in my family. But why would it go to nice normal levels after 3 motnhs of surgery and go up again? I think TWH will have to let me know the answer to that instead of my GP who isn't as knowledgeable with WLS>

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Gwen Boldick
on 3/6/12 4:04 am - Canada
 i am almost 7 months post op and my blood pressure is coming back up also......i have 80 pounds off me but its going back up ....i also do water aqua fit as well.....not sure why it is going back up....
JJ_
on 3/6/12 3:44 am
My blood pressure was up pre-surgery - but controlled with meds.  Post surgery and until 6 - 8 weeks post surgery, I needed no medication.  However, my family doctor put me back on one pill (Diovan) per day.  I am not needing the hydrochorithiazide (sp) aka water pill.

My family doctor indicated that since I was more active at that point (I read more stressed!) that she was more comfortable having me back on a medication.  She also indicated that Diovan also protects the kidneys.  Which are very important with all the fat being flushed out of our system.

Judy
kellybelly333
on 3/7/12 2:41 am - Toronto, Canada
I guess i'll just wait and see what the hospital says. I don't like to see rising numbers.

Most Active
Recent Topics