With Monica as inspiration...

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 3/12/12 4:30 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
Tonight I am doing my very first learn to run class at the Barrie running room! Never been a runner but I want to give it a try. Has it become addictive yet Monica? I have never enjoyed exercise for the sake of exercise but have found a few activities that I like( that qualify as exercise, like rowing and skiing) and am hoping to find that I love to run! Here's hoping.
And thanks to Monica for being my inspiration!
Cher

Brenda T.
on 3/12/12 4:50 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Have fun trying something new.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Ammi Tu
on 3/12/12 5:06 am
RNY on 04/13/12
You go girl!!! 

Referral: pre-Aug 2010 <>  Info Session: Mar 18/11 <>  Nurse Practioner: Oct  31/11  <>  Behaviourist/Dietitian: Nov 15/11 <> Social Worker: end Nov/11  <>  Endoscopy: Jan 18/12 <>  Education Class: Feb 29/12  <>  Surgeon Mtg: Mar 6, 2012  <>  Called w/Date: 20 Mar, 2012 <> Surgeon: Dr. Mamazza  <> RNY Surgery Date: 13 Apr/12
Monica M.
on 3/12/12 5:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
oh stop.. lol (not running, dont' stop running!!)

It's crazy to think that i'm an inspiration to anyone, but heartwarming, and it keeps me motivated to keep on going!

i'm not addicted yet. I love it when i'm out there, i love the feeling that i have this awesome ability to move myself the way i never could before.

I do, however, feel like i can call myself a runner, and i feel ok about that.

that's awesome. So proud of you.

alexforest
on 3/12/12 9:36 am - Canada
running is something i have always been envious off, and can't wait to start,, my question is,, did you start of walking and graduate to running,, and what weight were you at,, i'm still about 80 lbs from goal,, but i see those runners out there and i just want to go,, but i know i'm not ready yet.
Cherry's New
Beginning

on 3/12/12 11:19 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
This program is called learn to run and is run at most running room locations. Tonight was my first session. You start with 1 minute running and two minutes walking. 3 x per week. Then the next week the running time increases a little and you get less walking time, until you build up to being able to run at a consistant pace for ten minutes. I am currently at 181 pounds.
I survived the evening with relative ease.

Monica M.
on 3/12/12 12:05 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
I started with the running room learn to run program, when i was about 220. 60 lbs from goal.
the program starts slowly, walk one minute, run one minute,
the next week, you walk one minute, run two, walk one, and each week progresses, till you're running 10 minutes and walking one in between.

It's gradual, and you build on your successes. I loved it.

flyingwoman
on 3/12/12 10:28 pm
Just wanted to side swipe this thread to say: Cher! You are doing awesome! 181! Holy crow!
Most Active
Recent Topics