Costco suggestions?

NervousNelly57
on 3/30/12 2:05 am - Guelph, Canada

We're thinking of going to Costco this weekend, and we've never been before.  We've avoided it because of the membership fee and the temptation to spend too much, but it looks like we might recoup the membership cost with the money saved buying Proferrin alone.

According to a post here a few months ago, Costco carried Proferrin for approx. 90/$50 as compared to 30/$23.49 that I just paid this week.

And, the nutritionist at the Guelph clinic recommended the Premier shakes (as do many of you!) so I might as well try them out, too.

So, while we're there, do any of  you have any suggestions for the best deals to be found there?

Thanks!

Sharon

happypants
on 3/30/12 2:16 am - Ottawa, Canada
The premier Protein shakes are the BEST. Costco also has Ann's House mixed unsalted nuts that I buy from time to time. I find these really good quality. I any eat a small portion as a snack between means when I need a protein boost.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Karen M.
on 3/30/12 2:20 am - Mississauga, Canada
Quinoa is very reasonably priced there, the cheese is great, the meat counters are excellent as well.  If you like squash and want to try something a little different, go to the produce cold room and try the Mayan squash - delicious and I can't find it anywhere else.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

LuAnne H.
on 3/30/12 3:59 am - London, Canada
I love the mayan squash!!!!   Costco. has so many good things!

Lu

Referal Apr.17, 10   Orientation Feb.24, 11  !st  App (SW,NUT.RN) May 17, 11
2nd App (SM,NUT,RN) Jul. 7,11, Post-op Nut class Jan 13,12,  surgeon Feb27,12
surgery April 5,2012
Karen M.
on 3/30/12 4:02 am - Mississauga, Canada
OMG, me too.  How do you cook yours?  I slice it then sautee mine in a little olive oil, salt, pepper and a little garlic 'til lightly browned on both sides.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/12 4:11 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Question for you?  If I could only go to Costco 4 times per year since it's so damn far away, do you think it would be worth the membership?
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/30/12 5:37 am, edited 3/30/12 5:38 am
hmmmm... I'd say it depends on what you buy. If you go and happen to buy something big you could recoup your money on one purchase. I mean like a T.V or a larger appliance.
It might even be worth it to just buy the prenatal vitamins there. I say a $50 membership would be sufficient. How far away is the nearest Costco from you?

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/12 5:41 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
It's about 4 hours away. I know when my sister has gone and picked up a few things for me, just the savings on cheese alone would pay for the membership.  My DH eats jarlsberg and swiss cheese daily so we go through a block of that stuff fast.  The price of quinoa is unreal as well.  I have never been inside Costco so not sure what else I would buy there but it seems that the $50 is well worth it for most.  I buy advil by the truckload almost now so if I could get that cheaper there then add that on to the cheese and quinoa and I"d likely save enough.
ToNewBeginnings
on 3/30/12 5:51 am
Could you and your sister make a date and go together? She can take a guest. At Costco they can subtotal the bill before adding your purchases. If she has an executive membership, she can get a percentage of her purchases back in form of a Costco cheque and you shopping with her would actually help her out.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/30/12 6:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
She doesn't have a membership, she goes with a friend that has one but I live 4 hours from them too so it's not like I can just up and go when they decide last minute to go.
Most Active
Recent Topics