What are you eating/doing today? (Saturday)

Karen W.
on 3/30/12 9:45 pm - Canada
Tired this morning.  My son went for a sleepover last night but ended up calling us at midnight, wanting to come home, then I woke up at 5:30 this morning.  I'm anxious about getting all of my assignments done so I couldn't stop my brain.  Sometimes I wish I could just turn that thing off!

Of course, I'm working on a paper today; hoping to finish a reasonable draft so that I can fini**** up tomorrow.  And starting another one (it's fairly short).  Trying for very minimal carbs today. I confess that I haven't been sticking to my food plans very well lately, letting extra carbs sneak in.

B - 2 eggs, ham
S - milky decaf tea x 2; maybe Greek yogurt
L - turkey, LF old cheddar, pickles
S - turkey pepperette, maybe x 2
D - either mediterrannean chicken or a burger (sans bun), maybe salad
S - don't know yet; but NOT a cookie!!!

Have a great day, everyone.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Leanne1
on 3/30/12 10:19 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Good morning

I am working this weekend... I'm just having my breakie then off I go.
There is a "celebration of life" tonight that I am going to. She passed away a week and a half ago

B- made from scratch pancakes (very yummy!)
in my lunch bag, I have:
- 2x protein shakes
- fibre bar
- trail mix
- and salad with italian dressing
- banana

All liquids and vitamins in

Have a great saturday everyone
Monica M.
on 3/30/12 10:19 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Karen, if you ever need an opinion/editing on one of your papers, let me know. I like doing that sort of thing.

B- french toast with sf syrup,
S - having a late breakfast, so skipping htat
L - not sure
S - again not sure
D - hamburger without bun
S - dont want one.

My daughters are home this weekend, with a boatload of friends, they're competing in a fundraiser called "Books 2 Eat", they choose a book and then make food related to that book. So my kitchen is in disarray, my floor is full of sleeping 20 yr olds, and my life is not my own.  And I'm constipated up the wazoo.... sigh.

Karen W.
on 3/30/12 10:38 pm - Canada
Thanks for the offer, Monica.  Fortunately, I have a built-in editor in the form of DH; he was an English major and has a gigantic.... brain!

I don't envy you, having a bunch of 20 year olds sleeping in your house, plus constipation.  you deserve a medal for dealing with that!

RNY April 11, 2011       

Monica M.
on 3/30/12 10:40 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
well, he's a better resource than i am, for sure!

i'll let you know if i survive.

happypants
on 3/30/12 10:47 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Gesh Karen you are a true inspiration for all of us. When I feel lazy and don't want to get off the couch for whatever reason I think of you and how hard you work with school and raising your son etc.  Good for you.

Monica I hope you have a fantastic time with your girls this weekend.

BB- Coffee x2

B- protein shake Or perhaps some Shredded Wheat

S- Greek Yogurt W sf jam

L- spaghetti sauce hold the noodles

D- steak w 1/2 baked potato

I'm really having a hard time with my vitamins these days. The multi vitamins are making me sick. It doesn't seem to matter when I take them or how I take them I feel like I'm going to vomit. So in the last month or so I haven't been taking the regularly. I realize the importance but if anyone has a similar situation or has come up with a solution I would truly love to hear it.

Thanks
Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Karen W.
on 3/30/12 11:10 pm - Canada
Thanks, Ann.  It's been a long, hard road but it's going to get easier very soon!

I recently discovered that I can swallow large pills.  It has given me many more options with respect to vitamins and minerals.  Do you take chewable multivits or pills? If you're still taking chewables, I suggest trying a large pill of some sort to see how it goes.  I started with the large calcium citrate pills, broken in half; then I realized that the sharp edges crated by breaking them were a problem so I tried them whole and, voila, no problem.  Hope you figure it out soon, I wouldn't want you to get vitamin deficient and sick.  I hear it takes a really long time to undo the damage from that.

RNY April 11, 2011       

birdiegirl
on 3/30/12 11:11 pm

Morning

Up since 4:30....just used to getting up at that time to work-out before going to office....but of course during the week its brutal to get up....but ready to go this morning...lol

Hungry today.....so I will up my calories a bit....down another few ounces....slowly but surely

B - muffin.....I am allowing one muffin/bagel on the weekend

s - omelet

l - 2 oz of smoked trout

d - grilled chicken on pepper/tomato/feta salad....still love this dinner

s - popsicle

All water and vits....have a great one

ericaFG
on 3/31/12 2:14 am - Cambridge, Canada
 Howdy Barb.  I missed a few days - sorry about that.  Busy with work and had some not great news on that front either.  Sent me a little off course.  Monday I plan to get back onto my "spring fever diet" again - for now I'm just holding steady around 169-170...still down 4lbs but looking to get going downward again.  Another 15lbs to go.

B - coffee with milk
L - salad with 1oz ground beef, 1/2oz grated cheese, 10 nacho rounds, 2tbls sour cream, 2tbls salsa.
D - having a potluck with friends.  I'm making turkey stew (homemade) and will mostly have that.  Not sure what other foods will be there but I'll just mostly avoid them. Will probably have a few glasses of wine so I'll focus on being good and packing in protein for dinner!

Exercise today is house cleaning before the potluck.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

birdiegirl
on 3/31/12 9:11 am

Glad to see you back Erica....sorry about the work news....I too have had a very stressful 10 days at work....trying to hire some new people now...

Down 4 pounds is fantastic....

I went to the movies this afternoon...."Salmon Fishing in the Yemen", which was wonderful....however.....I had some candies....and then a RH episode about 2 hours later....thankfully I always carry glucose tabs now...

Have fun tonight and have some wine for me

Barb

Most Active
Recent Topics