In Toronto

Btrue2u
on 4/30/12 6:12 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
Does anyone know if there iws a meeting in Toronto.  I`M  in the waiting period so is it ok to go to one before surgery 
Karen M.
on 4/30/12 6:16 am - Mississauga, Canada
Welcome!

There are a couple of groups in different areas of TO but I'll let people post about locations and times, as I'm not sure.

I run a Mississauga group that you are most welcome to attend!  It's a great idea to go to a group meeting before surgery - you'll learn a great deal.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

PatXYZ
on 4/30/12 8:16 am
If you're going through Toronto Western, the hospital sponsors a support group that meets twice per month. On the first Wednesday of the month people meet in small groups with people who at a similar stage of their WLS journey as them, and then on the 3rd Wednesday of the month there is a whole group meeting with everyone from pre-ops to people several years out. Meetings run from 7-8:30pm (and Jairo likes to get things started promptly!) and everyone is really friendly and helpful.
Happysmile
on 4/30/12 9:06 am
Is the meeting held at Toronto Western Hospital?
PatXYZ
on 4/30/12 9:45 am
Yes, 6th floor in the same room where they do their orientations.
avivaps
on 4/30/12 9:18 am
RNY on 02/28/12
I know also that HRRH runs a group and there is a WLS group that meets in the Vaughan area as well.  Not sure what part of the city you are in or which program you are going thru.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

balou
on 4/30/12 9:35 am - toronto, Canada
hi there depending on what part of toronto you live , etobicoke has a meeting on thursday  ,at the tim hortons on Kipling and dundas see you then

Anna

Patm
on 5/1/12 3:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
There is a meeting at TWH this Wednesday. Contact Jairo Ortiz at [email protected]. They have just started a new format. They meet once a month as a large group and once a month they split between those who are under  one year and pre-op and those over a year. It worked really well last time. I believe it is small group this week.
We meet on te 6th fl Fell Pavilion Rm 103. Take South elevators.

Most Active
Recent Topics