disapointed

rosie1985
on 5/3/12 12:03 am - Canada
hey everyone,

so as you all know I had my appointment with Dr. Sohi yesterday to get my date...He gave me the option of MAy 18th to have surgery but because I have a course I am taking in may and june that I waited 2 years to get into I cannot take that date......so I asked him for a July date. He said he did not have any july dates as of yet nor did he even have any June dates. He is waiting for the hospital to send him times and dates for those months so I have to wait for those to be released and then I will have a date. I can only pretty much do surgery in July so please keep me in your prayers...I have so much going on right now and I'm feeling kind of down...It feels like I waited forever to get a date and now I can't even get one for another little while....

any words to brighten my mood....feeling a bit down :(

Rosie
Monica M.
on 5/3/12 12:10 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Rosie, i'm sure that you'll get a July date! Maybe call the office and ask them when to expect the July dates to be released. Be nice to the ladies at the office and I'm sure you'll get a date as soon as they have them released.

Best of luck.

This wil happen, Rosie! i know it will.

msheavyhearted
on 5/3/12 12:11 am - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
That sucks!!

On the bright side, he didn't say he won't have July dates - he just doesn't have them yet.

Waiting was most definitely the most difficult part of this whole process. I hope you get to hear soon so you can relax and have your mind eased.

My fingers are crossed for you.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Joyce J.
on 5/3/12 12:16 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Rosie

Keep your chin up. I'm sure it will all work out and you will get your July date
This is the worst part of the whole journey I think LOL

Take care
Keep us posted

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Marny B.
on 5/3/12 12:25 am - Canada
If they have already offered you a May date, then that means you are probably first on the list, so when they get the June and July dates, it seems very likely, that they'll just slide you in.  I had to cancell my surgery about a week before because of a very severe repiratory infection had me in the hospital.  They didn't have any further dates at the time, but then as soon as they got the next months OR schedule, they put me in.  I am sure it will all work out.  You've likely waited a long time already, so a month or two won't make too much difference.  Distract yourself with this course you are taking, enjoy the warm weather, and before you know it, it will be here.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/12 12:29 am - Canada
When I had my last appt with the surgeon, it was late May and I was booked for July. So...by that logic, I'd imagine that they should have the July schedule soon.
Karen M.
on 5/3/12 12:34 am - Mississauga, Canada
I'm pretty sure you'll get a July date.  Hospitals are notoriously slow at getting their monthly operating theatre schedules organized.  Keep calling them to get an update, though - can't hurt. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Lorieliz
on 5/3/12 2:08 am - Canada
You will get a date. No worries,

On the other hand! YAYAYAYAY!  that you finally got that course!

Losing weight can only be a part of your life...you have lots more future that has to have room on your plate too (sad puppy metaphor but I am on drugs). Enjoy your course, kick it's butt, and then you will be able to get your date.

It's never going to be an either/or, you deserve to have both - celebrate the positive direction you are moving in!

Lori

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

DonnaK12
on 5/3/12 5:46 am - Brooklin, Canada
RNY on 04/25/12
You will get the date you want and it will all work out!!
Good luck!

Diminishing Dawn
on 5/3/12 6:43 am - Windsor, Canada
When I had my surgery, I was approved in February.  I CHOSE to wait til July because it was my vacation time.  You'll be fine I am sure :) 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Most Active
Recent Topics