Excercise

Patm
on 5/7/12 2:11 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Every Spring I do the same thing. I look at the flower beds and all the weeds and go on the attack. Usually I can't move for a couple of days after.
Yesterday was such a nice day I walked to church. Weeded the garden. Went on a walk with my husband and dog. Then went home and washed the car. Of course last night I couldn't move.
What has surprised me is that I am not that bad today. I am sore but I find moving about is loosening up my muscles
So there is hope for us couch potatoes!

ToNewBeginnings
on 5/7/12 2:32 am
Great isn't it?!!  I do a fair amount of gardening and it's so much easier with the weight gone.

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/12 2:34 am - Canada
Oh...there's always hope! LOL! My brother is the biggest couch potato I know and he's doing the P90X program now. There's always hope.

Sounds like you had a really busy and activity filled day. Each day gets better and the more you move, the more you'll want to move. Even pre-surgery, I exercised every day. I loved it and found it really hard to move when I didnt exercise [I have fibromyalgia].
Patm
on 5/7/12 2:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I have fibromyalgia as well. I used to excerse a little but not enough. I loved warm water aqua fit but the roof fell in on the pool I went to. Talk about having an excuse not to go LOL

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/12 2:51 am - Canada
Ummm...yeah...if anyone has an excuse....it's you!  LOL!  Did they ever get it fixed?

Have you tried yoga for the fibro?  I find that really works well for me.  I do a bit before bed just to stretch the muscles and relax.
Lorieliz
on 5/7/12 2:58 am, edited 5/7/12 2:58 am - Canada
Hi Pat!

I have fibromyalgia too, and I find that the more exercise you do, the better you feel, and the more you are able to do. It's easier on the bod if the exercise is non-weight bearing (recumbent bike, aquafit) but anything you can do to keep moving will help you keep moving.

ETA: Strength training is amazing too, and you can find ways to do that at home without expensive equipment. Google is your friend.

Hugs,

Lori

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

Patm
on 5/7/12 3:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
My problem with yoga is it is on the floor. I am 60 yrs old and been over weight so long my joints aren't what they used to be. I have trouble getting on the floor and back up. I love the bike!! I am waiting for better weather to get out an moving. In the mean time I will try other things. I noticed some people had started a 30 minute workout. I am going to try this as well.
I recently tried Zoomba. I was so bad but had a great time. They are starting a class soon near me and I think I will sign up.
My motivation for having the surgery was to get moving. I used to love to hike and bike. I live in a great area for walking.
Thanks for the encouragement

Most Active
Recent Topics