First time dumping...ugh!

babybuggie
on 6/2/12 10:32 pm - Canada
 Hi all...so last night i had my first experience with dumping and let me tell you...i am in no hurry for a repeat performance of that.  It was totally my own fault because i pushed the envelope when we went to the movies and had popcorn and chocolate (something i've never even thought of trying before).  Stupid stupid girl!!  Im not looking for a lecture from anyone nor am i looking for sympathy.  I know it was stupid and to be honest i am glad my pouch put me in my place and reminded me who was boss.  Just wanted to share the experience with others who may be a good bit along post op and feeling a little ****y because they've tolerated things so well...although a little bit of indulgance may be ok once in a while, moderation is key and when u push things too far the results can be bad.  Nausea, shaking, sore tummy, hot and cold sweats.  It all sucks and 12 hours later i still feel sick.  Never again.

thunderhand
on 6/2/12 10:35 pm - mississauga, Canada
VSG on 06/11/12
i would think it was the chocolate,, but  i would like to know from some of the veterans

can popcorn do that too ?

i have read on here everyone experiences it  at least once,,  glad yours is over

feel better soon.  
Karen M.
on 6/2/12 10:36 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Most likely the chocolate OR the combo of both.  I've never had an issue with popcorn.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

babybuggie
on 6/3/12 6:48 am - Canada
 I've had popcorn with no issue before too so i'm sure it was the chocolate that did it or the combination of both was just too much for me.  Regardless, it sucked and i have learned my lesson lol
Karen M.
on 6/2/12 10:35 pm - Mississauga, Canada
UGH!  Terrible experience, isn't it?  Lesson learned!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

avivaps
on 6/3/12 12:01 am
RNY on 02/28/12
 Could the fat from the heavily buttered movie house popcorn have been the culprit as well?

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Moselle
on 6/3/12 12:56 am - Athens, Canada
 I have microwave mini-bag popcorn quite often as a treat and it hasn't ever bothered me. I would definitely not try the movie stuff; popped in oil and usually covered in an oily substance they call butter.

Sorry you felt so crappy - you probably didn't even get to enjoy the rest of the movie but as you said it's easy to get complacent and that your pouch put you back on track.
Monique M.
on 6/3/12 1:26 am - Canada
RNY on 05/25/12
 thanks for sharing your experience - point dully noted!
Mo

Susan B.
on 6/3/12 1:40 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
Thank you so much for posting and letting us know.  Its a great reminder to be cautious.  I am sure you feel and felt horrible and I am sorry for that, but its really great of you to share on here with everyone.

I have had one episode so far-very early out -just from eating something too fast.  That was really minor to your experience.

Thanks again!  I will keep this in my memory~although I am sure at some point I will be in the same place cause I always have to learn things the hard way

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Mary A.
on 6/5/12 2:55 am
I eat popcorn on a weekly basis, but then again I am 3 years + post-op.

I remember not eating any the first 8 months or so after surgery and cursing the people in teh theatre for chewing so ludly as I sat and drank my SF beverage.

it could have been a combinaiton of things..the chocolate, (most likely)...you can`t do chocolate, not more than a quare or it has to be diabetic chocolate

if you had somethng to drink as well (which you didn`t mention whether you did or didn`t), popcorn when mixed with liquids, is gross.......just make some popcorn at home and douse it with water..it will show you how heavy it becomes.

HUGS...usually we learn from things like this...and most likely it`s not something we will do again anytime soon!

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics