Home from the Riverside with a detour ...

chipmunk_roasting
on 6/5/12 1:48 am, edited 6/5/12 1:53 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
It was a good news, strange news kind of appointment.

Firstly, it wasn't what I'd been told, or what I think I'd been told.  It wasn't another cardiac test/procedure, it was a meeting with an internist to review my health status.

That was the good news.

The strange news, and it has me rattled, is the result of the cardiac tests from two weeks ago -- the results were "abnormal" and I'm being referred to a cardiologist.   I'm asymptomatic, but the chemical stress test resuits showed that an area at the front of my heart is "slightly stressed".   ECG is normal, pumping action of the heart is normal, blood pressure is only slightly elevated, just this one area of the heart shows something odd when the photographs were taken with the isotope tracer.

So, it's a sideways trip to a cardiologist ... I have had some problems in the past with beta blockers, so we don't want to be using them, nor do we want to increase my statins, as I react badly to more than the minimum dose.

Back to good news -- the rest of me is in pretty good shape, considering the condition I'm in.  *grin*

A sideways trip to the cardiologist, the other medical things keep moving on.

Worried?   Yes.   Can I do anything?   No.

I see my endocrinologist tomorrow -- have to work on getting my A1C down (from 8.1 to below 7.5).

Thanks for listening ...

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

TBIYTC
on 6/5/12 2:27 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
I had abnormal results from ECG and chemical stress test too.  Had to go to the cardiologist.  Was sent for an Angiogram.  Turned out I have a wonderful heart and in excellent condition for my age.  It seems I only have something wrong with the electrical workings of the heart (?), not the heart itself.  Was then approved for surgery.  Just remember, the clinic is very interested in a healthy outcome for you and will take every precaution needed.  It's a good thing, really!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

sueberman
on 6/5/12 2:48 am
I have the same issues as you do with the electrical workings - I had my surgery with no problems.  It's good that it's being investigated and dealt with - just in case.  Good Luck
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

chipmunk_roasting
on 6/7/12 4:12 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Thank you for this -- :)   I'm taking comfort from the fact that I couldn't be in any better place for them to figure out what's going on.

I'm also thinking "detour" not "roadblock". 

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

chipmunk_roasting
on 6/7/12 4:16 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Thanks TBIYTC  - it was an electrical problem I had ten years ago;   it's really helpful for me to hear your story, too. 

Healthy outcome is the goal -- you are absolutely right.

Thanks for the kind words!

mmm

aprilbennett1965
on 6/5/12 3:21 am - Canada
Sending positive vibes your way. Will say prayers that just turns out to be a ittle blip in the radar for you.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

chipmunk_roasting
on 6/7/12 4:17 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Thank you, April -- positive vibes and prayers are much appreciated.   It was great to meet you Tuesday at the Bytown Benchers' meeting.
Looking good!
Take care
mmm

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/12 3:25 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Boy one thing is that you are getting a great health work up. By the time you have your surgery you should have all your other health issues under control.

I am having the same chemical stress test next month, how was it. I am a little worried about how it makes you feel.............................. 
TBIYTC
on 6/5/12 8:05 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12

Is yours at St. Joe's?  They combined mine with some kind of a Pet scan or cat scan.  It really is no big deal at all. The hardest part was that because it was combined with the scan, it was a long time to be laying still with my arms stretched past my head.  That was the only hard part - staying still in a bit of an uncomfortable position for a longish period of time.  I would not be afraid to do it again.

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/12 1:21 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
My test is at my cardiologists office here in Peterborough. Last time I had a regular stress test but since then my hip has deteriorated so much that I can;t walk on a treadmill, so I am having this chemical test.

Thanks for responding. Deb
Most Active
Recent Topics