are we allowed to have peanut butter?

hobbithands
on 6/19/12 8:37 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
The title says it all. If no is there an alternative? 

Btrue2u
on 6/19/12 8:47 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/20/12
I think no because of the fat content but there is an alernative PB2 defatted peanut butter ....it's powdered and I think you add water to it ....try the Low Carb Grocer ....anybody else have any ideas ........

20AUG12-8AM SURGERY AT ST.JOES IN TORONTO  W/ DR SMITH                        

JJ_
on 6/19/12 9:02 am

In Ottawa, it is included in the Diet for Life under the list of acceptable proteins - Peanut butter and nut butters. (page 46).

Judy

cayleighsmom
on 6/19/12 9:15 am
RNY on 06/05/12

Dr.Sullivan says yes to pnut butter as well :) Just not sure when?? I'm going to ask at my 1 month follow up.  i love pnut butter on apple slices!!

JJ_
on 6/19/12 9:29 am
In Ottawa, it is started as smooth peanut butter on the soft diet. (right after pureed).  After soft diet, it is diet for life.

hobbithands
on 6/19/12 9:15 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 I dont have an ottawa booklet, and we never got anything like that from HRRH.

JJ_
on 6/19/12 9:34 am
The booklet is a handout  during the post-surgical education class.  It is called Your Meal Planner after bariatric surgery.  It covers Optifast, vitamins and what to have at each stage of the post-op diet, including some suggested menus.  It also includes a section at the end called Diet Related Problems after Surgery, which covers Dumping Syndrome, Nausea and Vomiting, Dehydration, Constipation, Diarrhia and Gas. 

Judy
hobbithands
on 6/19/12 9:53 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 at HRRH we do not do a post surgical nutrition class. It's awesome that you guys do.

JJ_
on 6/19/12 10:11 am
Wow, didn`t you have an education class just before you meet the surgeon and before surgery?

For us, it included part of a session with the behaviourist and the second half was with the nutritionist.   The booklet was sooooo handy post surgery to read, re-read, and decide on what to eat at each stage.  I loved having it.  So sorry to hear that you didn`t receive something similar. :(
cayleighsmom
on 6/19/12 10:15 am
RNY on 06/05/12
i went through Humber and recieved a booklet, that they called our WLS bible, we were to make sure and bring it with us to hospitol and our appointments. it is for the first month after surgery, then we have another class 1 month post op that teaches us about soft solids and solids
Most Active
Recent Topics