light headed

Patm
on 7/12/12 4:36 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I have been light headed for a couple of months. They have tried lowering my meds but because of my history with atrilfibulation (can't spell) they do not want me off it completely. So now I have to use a halter monitor for the weekend. This will really suck. You can not shower with it only sponge baths. This should best be done in the dead of winter when you do not sweat!
I want to bik while I have it on so it shows what exercise does but the thought of only a sponge bath afrter is not appealing.
O well just want to complain. The joys of aging. At least today we have solutions to help.

Monica M.
on 7/12/12 4:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
atrial fibrillation

sounds like fun...... (not)

hope then can find a way to relieve your lightheadedness. i get that sometimes, i hate it when that happens.

chipmunk_roasting
on 7/12/12 4:52 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada
Hi Patm,

I'm pre-op and working my way through some cardiac tests.   I'm presently on a calcium channel blocker until a cardiac CT scan in the next month.

Did your atrial fibrillation start after surgery, or was it a co-morbidity that you took with you in to surgery?

I'm 63 and hear you on the joys of aging. 

Best regards

Marilyn

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Patm
on 7/12/12 5:53 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I am glad you can spell it. Feel like an idiot to have something and not know how it is spelt. I have had it long before surgery. I had my cardioligist send a letter before the surgery in case it would be a problem. He was happy for me to have the surgery. I was on cardizem for years with no problems but could not take them after surgery because they were too big a pill and could not be broken down. So it could be the medication they have me on is just not as good. I'll see what he wants me on now.
Nothing would be great but I do not think that is possible yet.

3turtles
on 7/12/12 11:25 am - Columbus, OH
I have been experiencing this as well for the last month. I have also been fully fainting to the extent that I passed out, smacked my face on the sink and broke my cheekbone. I wore a halter moniter last week and I'm terribly allergic to adhesive so when I accidentally let the allergy medicine I was taking wear off I developed awful hives and ended up yanking it off so I could itch my chest. Oh, well. 32 hours is better than none. I saw a cardiologist today and he said that I had some weird times with tachychardia and some significant bradychardia but I was mostly fine. My surgeon is convinced it is hypoglycemia. I'm just convinced that it sucks and I don't want to break another bone so I want it to stop ASAP.

I wouldn't get down on yourself about age. I'm 23
consultation: 8/29/11 nutritionist: 9/7/11 psych eval: 9/12/11 stress test: 9/20/11 gi scope: 9/21/11 nurse visit: 9/28/11 SURGERY: 9/29/11

Patm
on 7/13/12 1:12 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
I just picked up my heart monitor this morning. I understand about the itch, mine is not quit so bad but it is starting. I only have to wear it until Sunday morning thatnk goodness. In this heat I will miss my shower. I am sorry you hurt yourself. I have been lucky so far and was able to sit and it went away. I check my blood sugar because I am still on diabetic meds and it is not low blood sugar. I am hoping they can adjust my blood pressure meds and then it will settle down.

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/12 11:44 am - Straford, Canada
 are you blond?  lmao!   sorry, couldn't resist it!  I am yet love telling blond jokes, as a blondie I get to do so without so much ire from other folks!  Nothing to see here folks, just me being silly!  Regards, Ian  
Patm
on 7/13/12 1:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12
Where would we be if we could not be silly sometimes. I think it is our sense of humour that gets us through life

Most Active
Recent Topics